Your next upgrade?

gasolin

New isoacoustics stands comming to denmark in 2 weeks, that's my next upgrade

Just love isoacoustics stands because they make the treble more sharp (in a good way, sort of less grainy), clearer more open midrange and more controlled bass with less boominess, i have the small 130 and 155 so i always have some stands for 99% of all the speakers i have used for my pc.

The IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 stand im using i have had for almost 5 years and 2 month and since they release a new model i want a pair.

http://nationalaudionews.com.au/new-iso-line-from-isoacoustics/

ISO-200-tall-and-short.jpg

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
New isoacoustics stand comming to denmark in 2 weeks, that's my next upgrade

Just love isoacoustics stands because they make the treble more sharp (in a good way, sort of less grainy), clearer more open midrange an more controlled bass with less boominess, i have the small 130 and 155 so i always have some stands for 99% of all the speakers i have used for my pc.

The IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 stand im using i have had for almost 5 years and 2 month and since they release a new model i want a pair.

Enjoy!

I guess my next natural upgrade will be the DAC, but that won't be for some time an will have to be worth it to better the MDAC +

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Macspur said:
gasolin said:

Just love isoacoustics stands because they make the treble more sharp (in a good way, sort of less grainy),  clearer more open midrange an more controlled bass with less boominess, i have the small 130 and 155 so i always have some stands for 99% of all the speakers i have used for my pc.

Enjoy!

I guess my next natural upgrade will be the DAC, but that won't be for some time an will have to be worth it to better the MDAC +

Mac

And I'll buy the mdac off you when you ready

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Macspur said:
gasolin said:

Just love isoacoustics stands because they make the treble more sharp (in a good way, sort of less grainy), clearer more open midrange an more controlled bass with less boominess, i have the small 130 and 155 so i always have some stands for 99% of all the speakers i have used for my pc.

Enjoy!

Mac

Will do, but it won't be for quite some time, so if you see one before, buy it

Mac

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Macspur said:
Andrewjvt said:
Macspur said:
gasolin said:

Just love isoacoustics stands because they make the treble more sharp (in a good way, sort of less grainy),  clearer more open midrange an more controlled bass with less boominess, i have the small 130 and 155 so i always have some stands for 99% of all the speakers i have used for my pc.

Enjoy!

Mac

Will do, but it won't be for quite some time, so if you see one before, buy it

Mac

I don't actually need one but I hate to see a good dac go homeless.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Macspur said:

Mac

I’d have thought the Accuphase DAC-50 ‘option’ board would be a natural one to think about given that it just slots into your E-470 and takes up no extra space nor requires any external mains supply.

Depends on the price.

Mac

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
insider9 said:
Mac, I think the DAC is £1,200

Apologies, looks like 1,200 EUR. Not sure where you could get one in the UK, nor who could supply you with one.

Possibly Fanthorpes who supplied by amp, or there's an Accuphase dealer in Cheshire TheAudio Works... like I say though, it won't be for quite a while

Insider, looking at the DAC 50 on paper, what do you make of it and how would it compare to, say a Chord TT?

Mac

It’s not exactly an upgrade, but for some reason I’ve been pandering for a turntable with a removable headshell. I used to love swapping cartridges many years ago, as they each brought something different yet each was imperfect. One of those new Technics 1200s would do nicely!

insider9

Macspur said:
Insider, looking at the DAC 50 on paper, what do you make of it and how would it compare to, say a Chord TT?

Mac

It will be rather general remarks as I've not heard either. Technical info for DAC-50 is also not very detailed.

What I do like is that it uses AKM chip. In my opinion DAC based on these chips are best sounding. Or should I say I prefer them to most other DACs. Being a board I'd also expect it to have a fully balanced and short path to pre section which explains superb distortion and noise figures. Ideal if you don't want to bother with cables.

As to comparison to Hugo TT no idea, it's a very well respected DAC so all I can say is speak to your dealer. They'd be more competent to answer that. I would not tell them you're prepared to go as far as Hugo TT. Don't reveal your budget. Ask about a comparison of DAC-50 to Qutest. See what they say to that :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Probably be a downgrade in box count, but a big boost in musical enjoyment. Iam not a stickler for detail, I place enjoyment first and foremost. And I've lately found that with a few tweaks , my HT system when playing in DTS neural x mode blows away my 2 channel setup. There is absolutely no comparison regards musical enjoyment. The cutting edge electronics, processing power and algorithms of today, have beat the need to position, setup and system match speakers. I wonder why I should take that pain for 2 channel purity anymore. I've been testing for the last 2 days with music playing from 9 speakers + sub. Vis a vis..music from my 2 channel...there is absolutely no contest. The two channel system might be superior in every way, but 9 speakers singing in tandem, where the sound track is split to each speaker is awesome. Every track I listen to now is like a live large and huge presentation.

Of course my 2 channel system has more clarity, and trueness / purity of tone. I would have liked that if I was a classical music listener. But iam all modern punk and EDM. And in that there is absolutely no match. I would urge everyone of you having a HT system to try listening to well recorded tracks in DTS neural x mode for once and then make your choice :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
insider9 said:
Macspur said:

Mac

It will be rather general remarks as I've not heard either. Technical info for DAC-50 is also not very detailed.

What I do like is that it uses AKM chip. In my opinion DAC based on these chips are best sounding. Or should I say I prefer them to most other DACs. Being a board I'd also expect it to have a fully balanced and short path to pre section which explains superb distortion and noise figures. Ideal if you don't want to bother with cables.

As to comparison to Hugo TT no idea, it's a very well respected DAC so all I can say is speak to your dealer. They'd be more competent to answer that. I would not tell them you're prepared to go as far as Hugo TT. Don't reveal your budget. Ask about a comparison of DAC-50 to Qutest. See what they say to that :)

Thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

Mac

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure it can be classed as an upgrade, but my next purchace will be an Electrocompaniet ECM1 Streamer/ Dac with a few terabytes of internal storage.

I'm not sure whether to go for a 5 or 10 TB drive yet or if I will need that much storage as I won't be ripping all of my 2000 plus Cd's , it is mainly going to be used to download, store and play new music that is not available on Cd and also listening to streaming services.

In theory the ECM1 could also replace my EC4.8 preamp and ECD1 Dac but I will do some extensive listening before I decide I am happy to do that. *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts