Your fav brands/models you've never owned

I'm not talking about winning the lottery, just makes and models you admire but have been overlooked. Only the three.

Speakers

Totem Arros
Amphion Argon 1
PMC DB1i

Amplifiers of any class (Class A, A/B, D, G or valve or hybrid

AVI Laboratory Series
Parasound Halo 6
Sugden

Source (turntables, streamers, CD players, other

Clearaudio Concept
Townshend Rock
Original Thorens TD 160

There are more I could add but I'm trying to keep the choices as compact as possible, hence only 3 choices.

D

Deleted member 160668

I'm not talking about winning the lottery, just makes and models you admire but have been overlooked. Only the three.

Speakers

Totem Arros
Amphion Argon 1
PMC DB1i

Amplifiers of any class (Class A, A/B, D, G or valve or hybrid

AVI Laboratory Series
Parasound Halo 6
Sugden

Source (turntables, streamers, CD players, other

Clearaudio Concept
Townshend Rock
Original Thorens TD 160

There are more I could add but I'm trying to keep the choices as compact as possible, hence only 3 choices.
Hi PP,

A slightly different approach for me.

Firstly the two speakers I've highlighted I rate very highly, so I've got to agree with you here. The Arros I've never heard, so will have to try and get a listen at some point.

The Sugden... Well you know my thoughts on these... I am in love ❤ and it cured my box swapping. PS - not sure if you have or haven't heard one PP, but if not, you should fix that too.

My thing to add would be my own personal "must do", which as a massive Arcam fanboy I've never actually owned the A49, despite wanting to/intending to etc.

I will fix this at some stage.

Edit: I'd also like to pick up an Alchemist Kraken, which I've lusted after for several years. However, I'm not certain it would be any different or better than my Sugden. Also, there have been a few on the bay, but either knocked about ones or stupid pricing. Again, it's likely I will pick one up at some point to scratch that itch.

Another thing to add - not very well known, but if you ever get the chance to pick up a Jolida tube DAC, do it.they occasionally come up, but sell nearly instantly. The sound per pound they produce is unreal. I've had two of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 160668

When I listened to The C7es3-XD my notes were it was the most complete set of speakers I'd ever heard. That is one amazing set of speakers and definitely should be on the must listen list.

Hi PP,

A slightly different approach for me.

Firstly the two speakers I've highlighted I rate very highly, so I've got to agree with you here. The Arros I've never heard, so will have to try and get a listen at some point.

The Sugden... Well you know my thoughts on these... I am in love ❤ and it cured my box swapping. PS - not sure if you have or haven't heard one PP, but if not, you should fix that too.

My thing to add would be my own personal "must do", which as a massive Arcam fanboy I've never actually owned the A49, despite wanting to/intending to etc.

I will fix this at some stage.

Edit: I'd also like to pick up an Alchemist Kraken, which I've lusted after for several years. However, I'm not certain it would be any different or better than my Sugden. Also, there have been a few on the bay, but either knocked about ones or stupid pricing. Again, it's likely I will pick one up at some point to scratch that itch.

Another thing to add - not very well known, but if you ever get the chance to pick up a Jolida tube DAC, do it.they occasionally come up, but sell nearly instantly. The sound per pound they produce is unreal. I've had two of them.
Hi amormusic. No not heard any of the Sugdens. I would love to but my Dalis are blindingly good with the Leema. That's why I've not mentioned them. Payed for them but as yet still waiting.

You have a couple of other makes of interest though.

TRENDING THREADS