Your Bedtime Listening

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
What soothes you to sleep? "Raising Sand" Robert Plant/Alison Krauss always does it for me. "IRM" Charlotte Gainsbourg is another, and amongst the rest "Nirvana Unplugged", although I always have to programme the last track out as the raw passion of Cobain on "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" really unsettles me when I want to go to sleep. What's yours?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Years ago it was the Friday Night Rock Show on Radio One. More recently it tends to be James McPherson reads "Rebus", Bill Bryson reads Bill Bryson, or Martin Jarvis reads **** Francis.

Works for me...
emotion-20.gif

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
David Wilcox, How did you find me here,, Bombay Bicycle Club Floors, or anything by Kate Walsh does it for me.

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130 speakers.

A

Anonymous

I have a habit of falling asleep to 'Dream Theater's 'Live at Budokan' album along with the 'Singles' album by 'The Police'.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
The last two weeks, just before I go to bed, I have been listening to a melody on YouTube called "Get to sleep FAST! SLEEP MUSIC". Just type in Sleep song, and then it's the first one that comes up.

I lay in my bed with the light turned off (don't turn it on till next morning) with the melody playing through my Grado's and it actually helps, a lot. At least it does for me. The track is 10 minutes long, and while playing I just think about the day that has passed or whatever comes on my mind. It's really relaxing. Try it out
emotion-1.gif

lovstromp

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
When I used to listen to music before bed time, it was Cardigans' Higher(?). These days gf won't allow any activity on that front before bedtime. Says it just freshens you unnecessarily.....pfff

A

Anonymous

I listen to Joe Bonamassa, Eric Bibb, Fighting Talk the Heartplay album from Charie Haden and Antonio Forcione. To name just a few choices.
Nick

A

Anonymous

Sade.... , voice like pure velvet. Sometimes listen to Baddah Bar , cocteau twins ( when the mood takes ) , Air , or even Zero 7

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
norah jones, come away with me is a classic to send me off. other good bed time listening is dianna krall, simon and garfunkel and leonard cohen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts