You have got to be joking......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

Guys, you're all wrong. Famous case from a few years back; some eejit put the toilet outlet pipes the wrong way round in a block of flats.

Madness1.jpg

I'm afraid to see the "after" shots.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
idc:

I suspect they'd sound better a little away from the walls

Lol, and I suspect they'd be better off at the bottom of the garden. :eek:)

Plus, I like the idea of trying to disguise one with a pot plant. Maybe it was a last desperate ploy before his mrs came home.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:JoelSim:
idc:

I suspect they'd sound better a little away from the walls

Agreed. Indeed, the whole layout of the room is sub-optimal.....especially the recliner with foot stool.

Maybe he's just a bit mutton in his right ear

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
PJPro:Yeah, I can imagine that conversation. "OK, so they do tend to dominate the room a little...."

Lol, must show the woman that picture next time she whinges about my tiny Sony`s

A

Anonymous

Man, he must have cut the heads off 8 javelins to make the floor spikes lol

idc

I hope that the owner listens to Spotify (Premium of course) as his source to get the best out of the system. But what amp would be neeed to power such speakers? I was thinking Cambridge.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
idc:
I hope that the owner listens to Spotify (Premium of course) as his source to get the best out of the system. But what amp would be neeed to power such speakers? I was thinking Cambridge.

Probably a very expensive but low powered valve amp of about 10 watts or so. I don't know about these particluar speakers, but very large horn designs can be incredibly efficient.

A

Anonymous

unleash_me:
Any guesses for what this is?

image.axd

The number '3'?

idc:Has anyone any idea what the silver and black, and silver and red round objects on the ends of the curved around thingmys at the back are?

That's the cable connectors, hate to see the size of the cables
emotion-5.gif
Does size matter? Burn in rates of 400 years etc. etc.

A

Anonymous

i would guess these speakers are the creation of the Living Voice speaker company - having seen some of their other models, these are par for the course.
What confuses me here is that someone must have spend oodles of money (and sacrificed his living room) and not bothered optimising the layout of the room to best suite his system...wtf?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Maybe they appeared overnight, like in that film (I can't remember its title) in which a space rocket appeared through the floor.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I've had to track these down. They are made by a guy called Kevin Brooks. Find his website here.

Take a look at these bass horns.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Admit it, JoelSim. You're tempted. ;-)

idc

PJPro:I've had to track these down. They are made by a guy called Kevin Brooks. Find his website here.

Ha, thats where the original picture came from. Here are some more views of the system.......

4.jpg

with the source......

IMAGE001.jpg

idc

I have had a close look through all of the home cinema photos (including those on the link) and there is something missing, cables. There are no power cords, interconnects, speaker cables, nothing. There is no sign of gaps in the wooden floor for a cable management system either. Surely at least one cable would be visible from the numerous amps on the floor?

A

Anonymous

idc:I have had a close look through all of the home cinema photos (including those on the link) and there is something missing, cables. There are no power cords, interconnects, speaker cables, nothing. There is no sign of gaps in the wooden floor for a cable management system either. Surely at least one cable would be visible from the numerous amps on the floor?

must be the new AVI floorstanders?

TRENDING THREADS