Yipee! Wharfedale are back...

Lovely to see Wharfedale Jade-5 doing the biz. They've always done well in the budget arena...

There was a period (during a small part of the 70s) where Wharfedale ruled the roost: Budget, midrange and high-end.

Sorry for being nostalgic.

Can't wait to see a review for the entry-level model...

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
They sounded glorious at the Hi-Fi show in Bristol.

Wharfedale did indeed go through the doldruns sadly. They started going up again with the 'Pacific' range. I'm currently using the Diamond 10.1s as side channels in my home cinema setup. Wasted? Not at all, they shine!

If IAG adhere to the principles and heritage of Wharfedales past then they should do well with the brand. It's no different when Wharfedale were owned by Rank Organisation - adopting a brand is one thing. Adopting and upholding the tradition is another. I'm just happy to see them back in amongst the 'Big Boys', higher up the price scale. Wicked.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Under Rank, Wharfedale (according to their website, anyway) had a factory with staff and administration in Bradford. I doubt it has that, now. In other words, there's no connection between the name Wharfedale and the company that was a pioneer in the UK HiFi industry.

altruistic.lemon said:
Under Rank, Wharfedale (according to their website, anyway) had a factory with staff and administration in Bradford. I doubt it has that, now. In other words, there's no connection between the name Wharfedale and the company that was a pioneer in the UK HiFi industry.

You think what you want. Clearly you haven't read my previous post very well. It doesn't matter about location or staff changes...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts