Yamaha z7, Pioneer lx82, denon AVR4210 or arcam AVR600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could someone assist in recommending an amp from those listed above? Obviously the arcam is the 'best' choice but it's also nearly three times the price of the others and I'm not entirely convinced I can justify spending that kind of money (if it's three times as good maybe). Connected to some dali fazon speakers in a fairly small bedroom with a projector. If there's an alternate amp from those listed above in a similar price bracket I'm also interested.

Recommend away to your hearts content!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, musically the Arcam would be better than the others, but if this isn't the main requirement from the amp, it's not one I'd recommend for a bedroom. The Denon and the Yamaha will be the warmer, smoother sounding ones from the rest, and the Pioneer a more leaner sound. All of the amps will have room EQ that you can play about with to compensate for the room (bedrooms tend to be quite dead sounding because of big curtains, bed etc), so this shouldn't be an issue. The Pioneer might have a slight advantage in that their X-Curve feature can change the treble balance for all the speakers at the same time, rather than he usual thing of having to mess about with an EQ for each individual speaker.

Between the Z7, LX82, and 4310, I don't think you can go wrong, as they're all excellent AV amps. You can also add the Onkyo 3007 to that recommendation.

I haven't heard the Fazons, so I can't say how well they'd match with a specific amp.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Arcam may be a little overkill for the Fazons. We have consistenly insatlled Pioneer with Dali as we feel it is a combination that just works. The Fazons/ LX82 is probably the main sub/sat package we sell at the moment and I can fully recommend the pairing.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Wow - Big thanks from both of you! Similar recommendations too, much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts