Yamaha Z7 or Sony 5400ES

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
How Does the Yamaha compared to the Sony? Does it provide better clarity and detail than the sony What is the consensus?

I replaced my Pioneer SC-07 with The 5400ES and agree it has provided a step up in sound quality. But as it is still on loan I wonder if the Yamaha would be another jump up or more of a side step up.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Performance-wise, the Yamaha 'Z7 is a step-up compared to the Sony '5400ES. It should be, for the price difference.

It really depends on what loudspeakers you have, and if they will benefit from the superior performance of the Yamaha 'Z7.

Both units are very good, but if you can afford the Yamaha 'Z7 and your loudspeakers are good enough to show-case how good the 'Z7 is, then grab the 'Z7.

Dan.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have had these back to back for a while and one of my guys had them at home for a couple of weeks. The Z7 would be my choice of the two as you will get a lot more out of it. Speaker wise the Z7 can run a very decent package and sounds superb.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
When you say Performance are you talking sound quality or features? I would like to know sound quality wise. I know the Z7 out performs for features over the sony.

Thanks

Boca:

How Does the Yamaha compared to the Sony? Does it provide better clarity and detail than the sony What is the consensus?

I replaced my Pioneer SC-07 with The 5400ES and agree it has provided a step up in sound quality. But as it is still on loan I wonder if the Yamaha would be another jump up or more of a side step up.

Thanks

Hi Boca

The Yamaha DSP-Z7 is superior (especially in it's performance) to the 5400ES. The DSP-Z7 is imo the finest vfm AV amplifier (even at it's RRP of £1960) currently available on the market.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts