Yamaha YSP 2200 Soundbar

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I would be most gratful if anyone could assist me in the setting up of a Yamaha YSP 2200 soundbar.

I have the following a Toshiba lcd tv, which has 2 x HDMi connections, None are marked "ARC", it does not have an optical connection.
Virgin Media V+ box with HDMI and optical connection
A Samsung DVD player with HDMi connection.
I have looked the instructions that came with the soundbar, and also a search on this forum, but I am still confused how to set it up.
This is how I was going to connect the system up, use HMDI connections from the dvd player and virgin boxes and connect to the HDMi inputs on the
soundbar, then connect the HDMI out of the soundbar bar to one of the HDMI on the Toshiba, and that would be it, however as none of the Toshiba HDMI inputs are marked as "ARC". would I still need any further connections to get the proper sound, or am I connecting this up this all wrong.
As stated above any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

A

Anonymous

Tony,

It sounds like you have the right idea. Without a digital out from the TV you would not get terrestrial channel sound out of the soundbar but if you use the Virgin box all the time that will not matter to you.

Lordy :clap:

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
corbett1 said:
Hi

I would be most gratful if anyone could assist me in the setting up of a Yamaha YSP 2200 soundbar.

This is how I was going to connect the system up, use HMDI connections from the dvd player and virgin boxes and connect to the HDMi inputs on the soundbar, then connect the HDMI out of the soundbar bar to one of the HDMI on the Toshiba, and that would be it,

That is correct

corbett1 said:
however as none of the Toshiba HDMI inputs are marked as "ARC". would I still need any further connections to get the proper sound, or am I connecting this up this all wrong.
As stated above any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

As stated by the previous post the only thing you would not get is the terrestial freeview sound from the tv's own tuner out of the soundbar.

Therefore to hear the freeview sound from the tv via the soundbar:- if your tv has analogue audio outs (usually a red & white phono type connection at the back of the tv) you can connect it to the soundbars analogue audio in to get audio from the tv.

Regards ...

A

Anonymous

Hi I have purchased the YSP too. I am a bit of a numbskull when setting things up so any help would be ace thanks. I have a Panasonic TV, a PS3 and a Sky HD TB box. According to the instructions I have connected… YSP Arc to HDMI 1 on my TV (is this Arc too?). YSP optical output to TV optical output. I also have (after reading a blog)… Connected the YSP to the Sky HD box via optical cable. Do need to HDMI this to my YSP too? As my PS3 is also my Blu ray player do I need to connect this to the YSP via HDMI too? The surround isn’t blowing me away yet but maybe I need to lift the Intellibeam slightly above my settee to bring the wall into play. Any help appreciated. Oh, is it me or is there a very slight sound delay on SKY HD channels? Cheers.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You havnt stated the model of your tv so i couldnt tell if it is ARC enabled.

Sky is a bit different to The Virgin box, i believe you need to connect it to the soundbar via the optical cable only & the HDMI to the tv & tell the sky box to send sound via the optical.

You can plug the PS3 straight into the soundbar & then one lead to the HDMI in on the TV.

I believe the soundbar also comes with a setup mike too, so i would advise you callibrate it once you get everything connected up.

Regards ..

A

Anonymous

Wow! Thanks for the swift response. Pity you don't live in Kensal Rise you could help me set it up. Ha ha.

As for my TV I have a TX 37LZD800.

I have used the mic but as I have not got the extra HDMI cable for my PS3 to my YSP I guess I won't get true surround as yet.

Just to clarify I would need 2 HDMI for PS3. On to YSP and on to TV, correct. Then on the input make sure it is the PS3 HDMI.

Thanks again. Nothing more frustrating than getting new kit and not setting it up properly.

Cheers

A

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Your tv i dont think would have ARC on the grounds it is a 2008 model i believe.

Yep 2 HDMI one from the ps3 to the soundbar & one from the soundbar to the tv job done making sure you tell the ps3 in the audio menu to send sound via the HDMI.

Also the YSP-2200 is compatible with Panasonics VIERA system, so you should be able to control the basics of the soundbar with the TV remote.

A

Anonymous

Hi

As per my original post, thank you to everyone that has replied, I thought I would have to buy a new tv with the correct connections, however as i only use the Virgin box and not the tv tuner i'll be ok.

Thanks Again

Tony

A

Anonymous

Thanks again. Really appreciate your help. Not feeling much surround from the tv channels, but hopefully the Bly ray will show its potential.

A

Anonymous

Hi

sorry to bother again but found out PS3 only has 1 HDMI which needs to be plugged into the TV. For me to get full surround effect from this do I need to run an optical cable from my PS3 to YSP?

Or do I need to select the HDMI that goes from the TV unit into the YSP?

Confused.com

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You plug the HDMI from the ps3 into one of the 3 HDMI IN on the soundbar & then have another HDMI lead from the Soundbar HDMI Out (ARC) to the TV.

Check out the Yamaha website, click on the support tab on the far right it has downloadable PDF quick reference guides CLICKY

Regards.......

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate.

So having lived with it for a week I am still a bit underwhelmed.

The sound from it, especially on speech feels a bit muted or "at the back." I noticed this especially on BBC HD football where I could hardly hear the commentary.

I am sure I have set it up properly. My PS3 and SKY HD TB box are all connected by optical cable. Does this give surround sound or can you only get that with an HDMI cable?

I still have lip sync problems with HD channels and some recorded content. I have tried altering it on Sky and on the YSP itself. I also had this on some cut scenes on PS3 games.

My Panasonic doesn't have ARC (it has 3 HDMI) so I can't connect my PS3 directly to the YSP and a cable from the YSP to my TV.

If I connect all HDMI's from PS3 and Sky direct to the YSP and an HDMI form ARC in my YSP to one of the HDMI slots on my TV, will this give me picture.

I don’t feel the true surround sound, but maybe my room is of an awkward shape.

I also get an echo. If I mute my TV then it goes. Shouldn’t the optical cable stop this?

Jeez, all the money I paid for it and can’t work it out!

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate.

The sound from it, especially on speech feels a bit muted or "at the back." I noticed this especially on BBC HD football where I could hardly hear the commentary.

I am sure I have set it up properly. My PS3 and SKY HD TB box are all connected by optical cable. Does this give surround sound or can you only get that with an HDMI cable?

I still have lip sync problems with HD channels and some recorded content. I have tried altering it on Sky and on the YSP itself. I also had this on some cut scenes on PS3 games.

My Panasonic doesn't have ARC (it has 3 HDMI) so I can't connect my PS3 directly to the YSP and a cable from the YSP to my TV.

If I connect all HDMI's from PS3 and Sky direct to the YSP and an HDMI form ARC in my YSP to one of the HDMI slots on my TV, will this give me picture.

I also get an echo. If I mute my TV then it goes. Shouldn’t the optical cable stop this?

A

Anonymous

djmonkey74 said:
Cheers mate.

At the end of the day only having speakers "behind" will give you real surround sound. The biggest aim of sound bars is to improve the rather mediocre sound from all modern flat screens. When using a sound system you need to turn the sound of your television off otherwise you will be hearing both an echo and poor quality sound from the tv and good sound from the soundbar ruining the overall experience.

The actual source needs to be true 5.1 otherwise there is going to be pretty much no surround effects at all anyway!

A

Anonymous

Help, could someone please help me. I can't seem to wire up my YSP 2200 correctly.

I have a 47' LG LW650T, Virgin Tivo box and PS3, at the moment the PS3 is connected to the YSP (HDMI), the tivo box is connected to the TV (HDMI port 2) and the Sound bar is connected the TV (HDMI into port 1 ARC).

This means that the sound bar works when playing blue rays or game on the PS3 but I don't get any sound when watching the TV through my Virgin box? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts