Yamaha Soundbar YSP-2200 - Subwoofer Noise?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Folks, I've had the YSP-2200 for about a week now. I have a Sony BDP-S470 hooked up to it, along with an Apple TV. I have generally been pleased with the YSP-2200, it replaces an old Bose 5.1 set-up. The set-up was fairly simple, and the sound field has been quite impressive.

I was playing the Tron Legacy blu-ray disc, then started getting an occassional crackling sound from the sub-woofer. I thought it might have been the disc, and tried the blu-ray discs for How to Train Your Dragon, and also Up, and I also got the sporadic sub-woofer noise. I tried shifiting the sub-woofer to a couple of locations, all with the same result.

Has anyone else come across this problem with thier YSP-2200 sub-woofers? Thanks in advance.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lewis,

If you haven't altered your sub levels since running auto-set up then you will find that it is set too high. This was mentioned in the WHF review and i can confirm this myself.

You can adjust 'Bass' and 'Sub Volume', i turned the sub volume down 3 settings, and adjusted the bass using a THX disc. On the disc there is a section for Subwoofer Crossover, this goes from the highest to the lowest frequency. Means you can set the bass/ sub volume at the deepest point to ensure great sound without the cabinet rattling overkill.

If you haven't i suggest that you register your YSP with Yamaha. I recieved a disc with the latest firmware which stopped the bass boom after auto setting and corrected a slight under performance from the right surround channel.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Cookie Monster

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot Cookie Monster, I will try this out and see how it works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts