Yamaha RXV3900 problem

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

After the problem mysteriously recurred again, I finally got around to upgrading my firmware to Version 1.05. So far so good but it has only been 2 days since the upgrade.

Clare, have you updated the firmware on the Z7 that you're "testing"? Did you notice any difference after the upgrade?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm from Singapore, Just got the 3900 two wk ago.

Encountered the same problem too. Thought I got a faulty set. Managed to locate this thread.

So far, does version 1.05 solved the issue? I will go back check my firmware version after work today. Hopefully it is firmware issue.

A

Anonymous

Excellent Service from Yamaha it seems. Congrats on a nice upgrade Charl :)

A

Anonymous

The latest version of the firmware is 1.07. I downloaded it as soon as I got my RXV3900. I let the amp download it itself and it worked first time. Don't know if I would have been affected by the power down issue, but I've not experienced any issues at all. 1.07 also gives you album art when streaming from PC or USB, so that was a nice to have.

I think it took about 15 minutes to download. Just follow the instructions in the manual, it was easy enough.

A

Anonymous

Vinny7:Excellent Service from Yamaha it seems. Congrats on a nice upgrade Charl :)

Very happy with the Z7, it arrived with firmware ver 1.05 and have since downloaded ver 1.07 and have had no issues at all. Very happy...

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for the fast response.

Just checked, my firmware is 1.03!! Wow, should be an old stock in the shop.

Will update it tonight if i have the time.

A

Anonymous

evq:

Thanks guys for the fast response.

Just checked, my firmware is 1.03!! Wow, should be an old stock in the shop.

Will update it tonight if i have the time.

That must be old stock, the first RXV 3900 i had, had ver 1.04 and that was way back in November 2008.

A

Anonymous

Charl:
That must be old stock, the first RXV 3900 i had, had ver 1.04 and that was way back in November 2008.

Hahaha, imagine i got it just two wk ago.

Anyway, i just updated to ver 1.07
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts