Yamaha RXV371 and other stuff: best way to connect?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, (first post here!)

I've recently bought a Yamaha RXV371 (+NSP285 speakers) and at the store they told me that I should connect everything to my TV (Samsung LE40C530) trough HDMI and then connect my TV optical output to AV1 Optical Input on the receiver.

On the other hand, from what I understand from the Yamaha user guide and some other sites I've found, the best way to connect everything should be first ti the receiver and then one HDMI to the TV.

So wich is it?

My stuff:
- Samsung LE40C530
- Yamaha RXV371 + NSP285
- Playstation 3 (HDMI cable)
- Meo Box (HD Box from my IPTV provider - HDMI cable)
- HTPC (computer to play music and movies - HDMI cable)

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
ruimarto said:
Hi, (first post here!)

I've recently bought a Yamaha RXV371 (+NSP285 speakers) and at the store they told me that I should connect everything to my TV (Samsung LE40C530) trough HDMI and then connect my TV optical output to AV1 Optical Input on the receiver.

Hi & welcome to the forums ruimarto.

The best way is, to connect is all your HDMI connected kit to the receiver IN & then the one marked HDMI OUT of the receiver to the TV.

Regards ..Paul

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The optical connection would be for getting freeview TV sound to go through the receiver and use the new setup, every thing else would use the hdmi.

I think this is why optical was mentioned.

AmigaNut

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I don't have freeview TV (no antenna), but that was surelly not what the salesman ment. He told me the only cable connecting to the receiver should be the optical from the TV. I.e. PS3 HDMI connected to TV, not to the receiver.

I've connected everything to the receiver with HDMI but another problem came up: Sound and picture have to be from same source. I cannot browse the web (HTPC) while listening to music (Meo Box).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts