YAMAHA RXV 767 ?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi ,

My YAMAHA RXV757 stopped working after 5 years , My dealer gave a strong recomendation for the YAMAHA RXV 757 ,

It is almpst the same but the 757 has all the new 3D stuff .

Can someone recommend the 757 ?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I can say I’ve had no problems what so ever with my Yamaha 767 it sounds great with my speakers & it trounced the Denon i had previously, which after i had run it in sounded flat & horrible even after a recalibration of Audessy.

Had it just a year, or just over & IMO it has 2 things missing from it, one is it does not do video files from a HDD on the front USB & the 2nd is no Internet or DAB Radio although i can get that via Freeview or Virgin Tivo box.

So if you can live without that it’s a cracker. When i went to buy it i compared it with the more up to date Denon 1912, the award winning Onkyo 609, Yamaha 671, the Pioneer 920 & 921. Although as you can gather I’m very pleased overall with mine, an upgrade is looking more imminent & I would definitely advise an audition first if possible.

Regards ... Paul

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
f1only said:
Although as you can gather I’m very pleased overall with mine, an upgrade is looking more imminent & I would definitely advise an audition first if possible.

Regards ... Paul
Hi Paul,

If you were to sell this amp would you give me a heads up??

i know trading|( isnt allowed here but if you were to send:type: it to the dock of the bay id gladly give you some :beer: tokens.

Darrell

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
f1only said:
I can say I’ve had no problems what so ever with my Yamaha 767 it sounds great with my speakers & it trounced the Denon i had previously, which after i had run it in sounded flat & horrible even after a recalibration of Audessy.

Had it just a year, or just over & IMO it has 2 things missing from it, one is it does not do video files from a HDD on the front USB & the 2nd is no Internet or DAB Radio although i can get that via Freeview or Virgin Tivo box.

So if you can live without that it’s a cracker. When i went to buy it i compared it with the more up to date Denon 1912, the award winning Onkyo 609, Yamaha 671, the Pioneer 920 & 921. Although as you can gather I’m very pleased overall with mine, an upgrade is looking more imminent & I would definitely advise an audition first if possible.

Regards ... Paul

Just bought the 767 today ! a gerat AV : much more accurate and punchy than my previous 757 . sound stage is detailed ,

It is very easy to adjust and operate the AV . Regarding that it does not do video files from a HDD on the front USB & the lack of Internet or DAB Radio doesn't bother me because I don't need it I know that the RXV 671 has this functions but my dealer told me that in sound quality and power the 767 do a better job than the 671 .

Cheers :dance:

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Cheers Darrell, I know there was talk of the whathifi site opening up a For Sale page in the future, about a year back if i remember correctly.

IMO it should be for flogging strictly 2nd hand hifi & a/v if it were to happen. I do believe mods are worried about any comeback What HiFi may receive through it understandably.

I need to find the right amp at the minute & the Yamaha RXA810 or the Pioneer VSX2021 looks the part, i just need the time to audition them.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
f1only said:
Cheers Darrell, I know there was talk of the whathifi site opening up a For Sale page in the future, about a year back if i remember correctly.

IMO it should be for flogging strictly 2nd hand hifi & a/v if it were to happen. I do believe mods are worried about any comeback What HiFi may receive through it understandably.

I need to find the right amp at the minute & the Yamaha RXA810 or the Pioneer VSX2021 looks the part, i just need the time to audition them.
thanks paul, pls keep this thread up if you do get a demo of others as a heads up. Do you use the other AV forum site that's well known too?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
sta99y said:
thanks paul, pls keep this thread up if you do get a demo of others as a heads up. Do you use the other AV forum site that's well known too?

At the minute i'm finding it hard to find a A/V Amp that suites my purposes as in video playback through the USB, it's looking more & more like a TV upgrade as well as an Amp.
smiley-frown.gif
Save money time & flog some, or all of my F1 car collection on the Bay time to raise funds for it all.

I have an occasional read of the above forum you mention but dont get involved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts