Yamaha RXV 575

Del2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me out. I've bought a house recently and the previous owner left his 6.1 Bose Acoustimass speaker system screwed and wired into the walls. Not my choice of speakers but given they came with the house and are wired into the wall I'm going to use them.

So my question is which AV receiver/amplifier should I get to power these 6.1 speaker setup. The shelf below my TV is deeper at one end than the other and is probably only about 12.5" deep at the shallowest point. So I need a 6.1 amp which is approx. less than 12.5" deep.

I've found the new Yamaha RXV 575 which has 7 channels and is only 31.5cm deep. So that seems to fit the bill.

Will the Yamaha amplifier be compatible and suitable for my Bose speaker setup? Im in the UK and I read somewhere that the 575 isn't being sold in the UK. Anyone know if this is true?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Del2 said:
Will the Yamaha amplifier be compatible and suitable for my Bose speaker setup? Im in the UK and I read somewhere that the 575 isn't being sold in the UK. Anyone know if this is true?

Hi & welcome to the forums Del2

Sounds strange to me, it is on the Yamaha UK website Clicky. As to whether it is compatible with your Bose speakers i wouldn't like to say, other than give it a go & see if you like the sound.

Regards ..

Del2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yes I saw the RXV 575 on the Yamaha UK website too, but can't find it anywhere else (like somewhere I can actually listen to it or even buy from an UK-based online store). Perhaps I just need to contact Yamaha direct.

Thanks anyway.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
This is probably because of the price point of the Yamaha RXV 575 amp, it would be selling around £449 & the next model up the RXV 675 is £499.

To back my dodgy theory up the RXV475 Is currently £349 & the RXV 375 is £249.

So why not go & demo the one above & below the 575, see if you like either of them?

Regards ..

Del2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I did consider the models above and below, however the RXV 475 has only 5.1 channels (not enough for the 6.1 Bose speaker setup I have inherited) and the RXV 675 is much deeper (some 5cm deeper than the 575) and will not fit in the shallow built-in AV cabinet I have to work with.

I contacted Yamaha UK directly via their website and received a prompt and helpful response reproduced below:

We have asked our sale team your question, the RX-V575 is a Richer sounds exclusive product, so this will only be available from Richer sounds, but this model has not yet been received by us in the UK, our sales team have suggested if you can contact your nearest Richer sounds they should be getting stock towards the end of July/early August.

So looks like I'll just have to wait a little longer for the RX-V575 release...unless another manufacturer releases a new shallow 6.1 amp before July/August.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi again Del2

Ok another suggestion...

How about having a listen to the Pioneer VSX-S500 a slim line a/v receiver Clicky it seems to fit in with your size requirement & is around the £350 mark or less.

Regards ...

Del2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for the suggestions. Looked at the VSX S500 but it only has 5.1 channels (not 6.1 which I require).

TRENDING THREADS