Yamaha RX-V475

DiNZi

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to get the Yamaha RX-V475 and pair them with Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers.

What do you think?

I've got £450 to spend only from Richer Sounds.

I believe the RX-V375 is 'ok' but lacks HDMI Pass Through and is a entry level AV but the RX-V475 is a bit better more midrange and should be good to get me started off with.

DiNZi

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
grdunn123 said:
Always worth popping in to your local RS with cash in hand and seeing what deals they can do for you (cables etc included).

I've tried on the phone, they don't want to take off too much. The Tannoy TFX Speakers come with 25m of cable plus a subwoofer cable, I want to go with the RX-V475 as it is slightly midrange in comparison to the RX-V375 which doesn't have HDMI Passthrough either.

What do you think of both items, do they get good reviews ect.. especially the Yamaha RX-V475 AV. The Tannoy's are basically the same as the SFX but the TFX has a nicer build than the SFX.

DiNZi

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Last night, I took a good look at the Richer Sounds website and put together some AVs/Speakers with the prices I can get them at from RS.

1. Yamaha RX-V375 AV + Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers = £280

2. Yamaha RX-V475 AV + Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers = £308

3. Yamaha RX-V375 AV + Wharfedale DX1 HCP Speakers = £315

4. Yamaha RX-V375 AV + Tannoy HTS 101 Speakers = £350

5. Denon AVR-X2000 AV + Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers = £343

None of them really go above my £350 budget, but a few of them have the RX-V375 which will only output 70W per channel in comparison to the RX-V475's 85W. I'm not a huge fan of Wharfedale most of there Speakers are 4 ohms, the Tannoy HTS 101 are probably better suited to most AVs.

I'm not going to rush into it, I'm going on Holiday next week Wednesday and when I'm back I'll purchase for now just thinking what will my money be best spent on as I don't plan on changing much in the next 2 years if I go for the ones that near £340-£360 mark.

I'll answer on this thread, as the other thread is on the danger of being hijacked with your questions.

Without doubt, I would prefer the 475 over 375. I don't think it's a good idea to discuss discounts over the phone. You should visit your dealer, show good interest, demo a few systems, and once you've decided which is best for you, just ask them what they can do for you, to sweeten the deal.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/?selected=447955_447957_&mode=compare

Not a LOT of difference depending on what you will be using this for but yeah, the RX-V475 shades it.

TRENDING THREADS