Yamaha RX-V1900 + Monitor Audio RX2...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys and Merry Cristmas!!!

This is my first post, dont beat please [;)].

I've been reading this fantastic forum for 3 days now, its very useful!

But still i have questions open ).

I got a Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver. And am looking for speaker upgrade from Eltax ones. My quest [:)] through specs, looks, and info on this forum brought me to Monitor Audio RX2+RXLCR+RXFX (i'll keep the eltax sub as a sub).

The room is L-shaped and about 25 sq.m.

In the area where I live its impossible to find a shop to demo them, so it will be kindof blind purchase ).

So, what i want to ask:

1. Will the speakers match the receiver, considering, that its Minimum RMS output is 130W at 8 ohms, and the speakers specs say "Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 25-100W" and 6 ohms? I read a post with a like question, but need more exact answer on this.

2. Are they a good 'sinergy" as you here tend to say?

3. If I put them close to the wall and use those "Port bungs" - will I loose much?

4. Are they enough, or may be "too much" for this kind of room?

5. What cables (not too expensive) would you recommend?

Thanks a lot to everyone!!!

gaston_z4:
Hello guys and Merry Cristmas!!!

This is my first post, dont beat please
emotion-5.gif

I've been reading this fantastic forum for 3 days now, its very useful!

But still i have questions open ).

I got a Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver. And am looking for speaker upgrade from Eltax ones. My quest
emotion-1.gif
through specs, looks, and info on this forum brought me to Monitor Audio RX2+RXLCR+RXFX (i'll keep the eltax sub as a sub).

The room is L-shaped and about 25 sq.m.

In the area where I live its impossible to find a shop to demo them, so it will be kindof blind purchase ).

So, what i want to ask:

1. Will the speakers match the receiver, considering, that its Minimum RMS output is 130W at 8 ohms, and the speakers specs say "Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 25-100W" and 6 ohms? I read a post with a like question, but need more exact answer on this.

2. Are they a good 'sinergy" as you here tend to say?

3. If I put them close to the wall and use those "Port bungs" - will I loose much?

4. Are they enough, or may be "too much" for this kind of room?

5. What cables (not too expensive) would you recommend?

Thanks a lot to everyone!!!

Hi gaston_z4

The Monitor Audio's Silver RX speakers will work superbly with the RX-V1900 with regards to power and also tonally.

You'll loose a little depth and scale using the bungs however it will help tighten the sound up though.

The Silver RX speakers should be fine your room.

At a minimum 79 strand of OFC speaker cables or cables with several hundred stands of OFC will be more then good enough. Both types of cables tend to be very modestly priced.

Btw, Dynaudio's DM 2/7 - DM Centre - DM 2/6 and ATC's SCM7/C1 Centre/SCM7 are also worth considering for as these speakers will also work well with the RX-V1900.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I continue reading, and see that someone is also very happy with yamaha 1900 and MA Radius HD serie.

Considering, that i want to use the speakers also for music (mostly rock), not only for movies,

which fronts (and the rest sets respectively) will do best for me:

MA RX2 or R250HD?

The laters are more thin, and can possibly fit better in the interior, but the first ones have far bigger Bass/Mid driver, that makes me feel that its more capable in music.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
emotion-1.gif

gaston_z4:
I continue reading, and see that someone is also very happy with yamaha 1900 and MA Radius HD serie.

Considering, that i want to use the speakers also for music (mostly rock), not only for movies,

which fronts (and the rest sets respectively) will do best for me:

MA RX2 or R250HD?

The laters are more thin, and can possibly fit better in the interior, but the first ones have far bigger Bass/Mid driver, that makes me feel that its more capable in music.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
emotion-1.gif

Hi gaston_z4

As good as Radius Series of sub/sat speakers are the Silver RX speakers offers even greater levels of performance with movie or music soundtracks.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
Hi gaston_z4

As good as Radius Series of sub/sat speakers are the Silver RX speakers offers even greater levels of performance with movie or music soundtracks.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks a lot Rick,

its nice to hear that, because i really prefer RX ones
emotion-5.gif

Going to order them.

May be i'll use the small eltax ones as additional fronts or backs, as soon as the yammi permits that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts