Yamaha RX-A1010 or Pioneer VSX-2010

ChrisDK

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking into upgrading my old Denon AVR2105 to either:

- Yamaha RX-A1010
- Pioneer VSX-2010

My speakers are Monitor Audio RX silver series with RX6 as fronts.

I see they both get a 5 star rating in the latest test, with a sligt advantage to the Pioneer.

Does anyone have personal experience with either receiver?

I'm partial to the Denon sound, but then again I don't have any real experience with other brands.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you like the Denon sound, you'll probably like the Yamaha sound too as they're not worlds apart tonally. They're both a little warmer and smoother than most receivers. But, there's still differences between them, so a demo would be beneficial. If you like the sound of your current combination, stick with the Denon.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
+1 for the Yamaha.

I also like the Yamaha sound more, and the build quality is much better too imo.
Pioneer sounds a little thin and a little bright (and the cheap plastic feel of most models doesn't help either).

ChrisDK said:
I'm looking into upgrading my old Denon AVR2105 to either: - Yamaha RX-A1010 - Pioneer VSX-2010 My speakers are Monitor Audio RX silver series with RX6 as fronts. I see they both get a 5 star rating in the latest test, with a sligt advantage to the Pioneer. Does anyone have personal experience with either receiver? I'm partial to the Denon sound, but then again I don't have any real experience with other brands.

Hi ChrisDK

+2 for the Yamaha :)

The Aventage RX-A1010 is devoid of an upfront or harsh presentation and i feel this helps the RX-A1010 to form an excellent tonal match with Silver RX series speakers. I find the Aventage RX-A1010/Silver RX is combination which can be listened to for hours without fatigue.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

+1 for the Yamaha A1010, the combination sounded much fuller compared to the pioneer. Sadly playing music via airplay is more of a hassle but managing your library via the app works fine.

ChrisDK

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm still looking so any feedback is appreciated :) But I am leaning strongly towards the Yamaha.

With the latest price drops I am also considering the RX-A2010 or the Pioneer SC-LX75, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra £400 (to me at least).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts