Yamaha DSP -AX763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having read reviews on What Hifi, I have set my heart on the Yamaha AX763 and the KEF KHT 2005.3 Speakers. I am looking at purchasing the amp in 6 months time. The KEF some time later.

I hear Yamaha are replacing the 763 Amp with the Yamaha RX-V365. Richer Sounds (Milton Keynes) no longer stock the 763 and Sevenoaks (Bedford) have one left in stock.

The reason I prefer the 763 is that it is an Amp with no Radio. I won’t listen to the radio via the receiver. I have V+ box with DAB.

My question is would the Yamaha AX763 Amp still be around in 6mths time?

If not any Ideas on a similar Amp?

Thanks

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I would imagine that the 765 is the direct replacement. I wouldn't concern yourself with the fact that any AV Receiver has a tuner, they cost pennies to implement on a receiver. Just don't use it and use your DAB. The 763 is in short supply and you'll be lucky to find one now unless I'm mistaken, let alone in 6 months. Hopefully Yamaha will have learned their lesson this time around and the replacement models won't be in such short supply. All the major amp manufacturers are replacing their ranges across the spring/summer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts