Yamaha as500 speakers and subwoofer

chubbymoon

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just got my amplifier yamaha as 500 and turntable reloop 2000 and I'm looking for good speakers and a subwoofer up to 200 pounds. Mostly I listen to reggae, jazz, blues and hip hop. Any recommendations?

Thank you

RichDorset

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same amp paired with Dali zensor 1's. In my view they sound great for all music types and have good clarity with enough base. It amazes me how much base from a small unit. More than enough for relaxed or even loudish listening. Sure you cannot rattle your internal organs or make your ears bleed however you get brilliant clarity and fidelity. These retail at 200. Might it be worth dropping the sub and paying more for the speakers. If you do not think they give enough base you could always save up and add a sub at a future date. I do not see how anyone would be disappointed with this set up. Q Acoustic 2020i s might be worth considering but I have not heard these. They retail at 169 and might leave enough room for a cheap sub. My advice in summary is do not compromise on the speakers. Your decision might also depend on what size speakers you can accommodate. The aforementioned are smallish. Bigger speakers naturally push more air so tend to give more base. At your price point you may struggle to get high quality in larger speakers but one option is to choose the best larger ones you can afford and again drop the sub. Hope that helps. Rich

RichDorset

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same amp paired with Dali zensor 1's. In my view they sound great for all music types and have good clarity with enough base. It amazes me how much base from a small unit. More than enough for relaxed or even loudish listening. Sure you cannot rattle your internal organs or make your ears bleed however you get brilliant clarity and fidelity. These retail at 200. Might it be worth dropping the sub and paying more for the speakers. If you do not think they give enough base you could always save up and add a sub at a future date. I do not see how anyone would be disappointed with this set up. Q Acoustic 2020i s might be worth considering but I have not heard these. They retail at 169 and might leave enough room for a cheap sub. My advice in summary is do not compromise on the speakers. Your decision might also depend on what size speakers you can accommodate. The aforementioned are smallish. Bigger speakers naturally push more air so tend to give more base. At your price point you may struggle to get high quality in larger speakers but one option is to choose the best larger ones you can afford and again drop the sub. Hope that helps. Rich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts