Yamaha A-S500 vs Marantz PM7001

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ok i need to run 4 monitor audio bronze BX 2's and i have the choice of Yamaha A-S500 or a Marantz PM7001. These will be ran at a relitively high volume for a long period of timeand i need to know which is best.

Cheers guys

T

the record spot

So you'll have all four speakers hooked up and using both speaker outputs on the amp so you can get sound out the four of them at once. What setting will these be in? A public venue? What kind of volume are you talking? The Yammy is only 85wpc and the Marantz I think about 70w so you might want to hold your enthusiasm with the volume control in check!

matthewpiano

As I've said previously domestic hi-fi kit isn't really suitable for public spaces, particularly if high volume levels are required. Either will drive the BX2s OK within the bounds of domestic hi-fi, but neither the speakers or these amps are built for industrial use.

A

Anonymous

Yes i need all four speakers playing the same thing. the set up is a large room but because it has an archway in the middle I need 4 speakers or the sound cant be heard from one end.

And its not too much of a problem beeing underpowered because it means there is less chance of the speakers beein broken which is the #1 thing i need to avoid.

As for volume i will push them as far as they will go without distorting to protect the speakers but the sound needs to be heard over about 30 people chatting.

T

the record spot

You misunderstand. If the amps are underpowered (as you put it) and you try to drive the speakers hard then there's a pretty decent chance you'll either screw the amp or the speakers. All you're doing is pushing the speakers hard with an amp that's going to struggle to do it all.

Have you checked out some pro-audio shops to see what power amps you can get that'll deliver the goods? I remember your post from before - same answer applies. Your choice but I wouldn't use domestic hifi amps in settings where a pro-audio solution's probably going to be better.

A

Anonymous

yes it was all good people saying that but nobody suggested any exact products which is the whole reason i am here in the frst place. and I cannott just make money appear from nowhere i only have £600 to spend absolute max !

A

Anonymous

Brilliant,

So coupled with my montor audio bronze BX2's this will work well when loud for a long period of time. or can you suggest any speakers more suited to this?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
With that budget you could buy a decent 7.1 AV amp that will drive those speakers at high volume alot easier than the stereo amps you are considering.

Its also easier to damage speakers with low power amplification than it is to do so with a more powerful amp, those speakers will pop if used as your suggesting, 4 of them won't fill a hall with sound..... yep, proper PA would be the way to go, try 2nd hand or cash converters. they usually have alot of pa stuff in.

A

Anonymous

can you give me an example of a good one to buy for around £150

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts