YAMAHA A S-2000 and ATC scm19, help please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone has heard the amplifier YAMAHA S-2000 with ATC scm19 .... is a pair of great success?

will be the best match for a musical paradise?
does the yamaha has good and sufficient power to "dominate" in full, some columns as ATC?

if relevant to you, to the source, I'm thinking of something like the benchmark DAC1 ...

all opinions will be very welcome! ;)

thanks!

lipe said:
Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone has heard the amplifier YAMAHA S-2000 with ATC scm19 .... is a pair of great success? will be the best match for a musical paradise? does the yamaha has good and sufficient power to "dominate" in full, some columns as ATC? if relevant to you, to the source, I'm thinking of something like the benchmark DAC1 ... all opinions will be very welcome! ;) thanks!

Hi lipe

Stop trying to cause mischief ;)

Anyway, i got clients happily using the Yamaha A-S2000 amplifier with various ATC passive monitors such as SCM19's. Have a listen to this combination to see if its power and overall presentation suits your needs. SCM40 monitors are also worth serious consideration (particularly as they use the legendary and original studio Soft Dome mid range unit). Both are excellent monitors and fwiw IMO SCM19's are probably the finest VFM bookshelf speakers currently available on the market regardless of price and the SCM40's probably overall the finest VFM speakers available on the market regardless of price :grin:

Btw, if budget allows then ATC's own SAU2-150 MK2 amplifier is also worth serious consideration.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

musicraft good afternoon, thank you for your response ...

I try to listen, yes, but here where I live is very, very complicated ... so I have asked your help and opinion.

but by your words I realize that is a combination that you do not like ... I am right?

MUSICRAFT said:

I apologize, but I could not understand what you said or where you want me to come ...

Best wishes!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
lipe, i can't comment on your amp question as i haven't heard it - Rick is well placed to advise though as i believe he stocks both. i'm not convinced the benchmark dac would be an ideal match with scm19s. it would depend on the sound of your amp, but i think the dac1 would sound too lean. i didn't try my benchmark with my old atc kit (sia2-150 and scm19), but the chord dac i had with the atc's was too bass heavy through my current speakers, and the benchmark brought it back into line. i would be inclined to try the rega and arcam dacs, or maybe a 2nd hand chord dac64?

A

Anonymous

Craig M. said:
lipe, i can't comment on your amp question as i haven't heard it - Rick is well placed to advise though as i believe he stocks both. i'm not convinced the benchmark dac would be an ideal match with scm19s. it would depend on the sound of your amp, but i think the dac1 would sound too lean. i didn't try my benchmark with my old atc kit (sia2-150 and scm19), but the chord dac i had with the atc's was too bass heavy through my current speakers, and the benchmark brought it back into line. i would be inclined to try the rega and arcam dacs, or maybe a 2nd hand chord dac64?

many thanks for the advice dear Craig....

lipe said:
musicraft good afternoon, thank you for your response ...

I try to listen, yes, but here where I live is very, very complicated ... so I have asked your help and opinion.

but by your words I realize that is a combination that you do not like ... I am right?

MUSICRAFT said:

I apologize, but I could not understand what you said or where you want me to come ...

Best wishes!

Hi lipe

Your welcome.

I do like the combination as do some of my clients :) You don't need to apologize. On the contrary i am sorry for misunderstanding what you meant by ;)

Anyway have you listened to any systems in the last few months?

All the best

Rick @ musicraft

TRENDING THREADS