Yamaha 40D or 1100 or Denon s302 or denon Xspace soundbar?? HELP!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the market for easy no wires no fuss setup for around a £1K.

Any owners of these pieces of kit got an opinion?

Or Clair and the crew?

Iknow i'll need a sub with the Yammys, The reviews of the Denon S302 are good but I can't get my head round the no centre channel malarky for films.And surely the Denon Sound bar at half the price of the YSP's is only half as effective?
emotion-42.gif

Thanks in advance
emotion-2.gif

Juzzie Wuzzie

My friend has the S302 and really likes it. Great one box kit and wireless internet streaming has to be a plus. Agree on the no centre speaker issue, but not many people are putting out a quality 3.1 system (other than a 5.1 system w/o rears).

A

Anonymous

Just me and juzzie then...Sigh
emotion-9.gif

OOOh I forgot to mention I'm a Helpless young lady
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of going for the 1100 (over the 40D and 600) - good length and although no HDMI I dont think the quality will be that much less. Just trying to work out which sub to get for it.

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of a Rel Quake.

But if you don't need that much bass the YAMAHA YSTFSW100PB Subwoofer look nice and i think they were made to be twinned with the sound projectors.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="Floob"]I'm thinking of going for the 1100[/quote]

The Yamaha YSP-1100 is a great piece of kit - we gave it a glowing five stars in January last year. If you can live without HDMI connectivity, it's well worth considering.

A

Anonymous

You can get the Onkyo LS-V501 and some good speakers (i'm looking for those at the moment). The Onkyo reciever in my opinion is great. Great connectivity and picture, good sound (though both Myself and WHF agree- something wrong with the speakers in the package)...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Snoffy"]
Which Sub would you partner it with Andy?

[/quote]

I'm getting the KEF PSW2500 for £200 to go with my YSP-1100

A

Anonymous

emotion-3.gif
No Offence Floob but I hope it sounds better than it looks.
emotion-7.gif

I'm leaning towards the BK XLS200 in Black. Feel free to pour scorn upon it
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

emotion-9.gif
will The above systems EVER get a review in WHFSV????

Oh yeah Bump.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts