Yamaha 373 with Tannoy TFX?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking at the Yamaha 373 with the Tannoy TFX (like the looks and meets needs of area it will be installed in). However, I have been put off making a decision by reading some comments that both have a warm sound and so may not go well together.

The What Hifi reviews suggest the Yamaha goes with most speakers but interestingly some reviews for other Tannoy speakers (What Hifi included - Tannoy HTS101) suggest not pairing Tannoy with bright amplification.

Has anyone heard the Yamaha 373, heard the Tannoy TFX, or paired Yamaha & Tannoy? Would it be worth hunting down a Sony 820?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
unmaskedbbq said:
I have been looking at the Yamaha 373 with the Tannoy TFX (like the looks and meets needs of area it will be installed in). However, I have been put off making a decision by reading some comments that both have a warm sound and so may not go well together.

unmaskedbbq said:
The What Hifi reviews suggest the Yamaha goes with most speakers but interestingly some reviews for other Tannoy speakers (What Hifi included - Tannoy HTS101) suggest not pairing Tannoy with bright amplification.

This paragraph contradicts the first one. If the second paragraph is true, then you shouldn't pair Tannoys with bright amplification, and as the Yamaha receivers are generally not over-bright, then they should be fine with the Tannoys. But I'll bow to the much greater experience of one of the dealers, David at Frank Harvey, Rick at Musicraft or Nick at The Home Cinema Centre. I have Yamaha receivers in my kitchen and bedroom, with Eltax speakers, and all seems well, but I don't know whether Eltax speakers would be rated as "bright" or "warm" in this context.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts