mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
BUMP!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Yes, I did!

Auto calibration, in my opinion,ÿis not always the best option. Recently I have auto calibrated my Yamaha AX761ÿand experienced

that FL sound was much weaker than the FR when playing CDs on 2 channel stereo, so I notched up the ÿFL by using the Level button

on the remote. Same goes for the surrounds sometimes I whack them up a bit if they are a bit too low.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely - remember you're setting this up for you to listen to. So if you prefer the rears set up a bit louder than what the auto setup thinks they should be, then that's the correct level for you.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
It's just I thought the auto-set ups were rated highly for accuracy and simplicity, and I didn't want to change any auto settings however, I found the rears very quiet and only presented themselves on special occasions and not throughout the viewing. I suppose it's down to personal preference whether the viewer wants to be 'surrounded' by sound or have the rears intervene on occasion.

For me, I want to feel surrounded, I guess my AV has different thoughts - I have therefore increased the level of the rears.

A

Anonymous

After running the Auto setup on mine, the amp sounded horrible, very harsh with the volume levels and speaker distances all over the place. I junked all of the auto settings and did the entire thing manually, and I'm now very happy with the sound. So, don't presume that what the auto setup does is going to get you the best sound.
Your ears know best!

TRENDING THREADS