XTZ speakers, what do you know?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
ear:im tempted

XTZ have some great reviews going around the latest reviewed being the 99.36 floor stander.

This company are from China but the speakers are put together in Sweden using SEAS tweeters midrange and/or bass drivers. To put this comparably my Totem Mani II sig's use SEAS tweeters and they cost around 4K!

The 99.26 model and has sibling the 99.26p which has an external crossover so can be run as an fully active speaker if required. I wonder how the 99.26p would of faired in the latest active speaker shoot out!

By the sound's of things these speakers and electrics 'yes they make amplifiers and CD players as well' are great bargains. By cutting out the distributor and retailer margin's you could get some great electrics for little outlay. And the best thing if you don't like them return them with no quibbles, minus the shipping of course.

A

Anonymous

In value terms the speakers are a steal. For example looking up a rough price for two Fountek ribbon tweeters and two SEAS Excel woofers that the 99.26s use comes to a price similar to buying a pair of the standmounts from XTZ.

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Thought I would finally follow this one up. After over a year (due to the economy and the company I worked for going under amongst other things) I have eventually opted for a pair of the 99.36 floor standers. Ive had them for a couple weeks now and without boring everyone, I am astounded at the quality on offer for the money. IMHO, they are at least as good as the alternatives, specifically the MA GS range I was considering. I was put off by the price difference between these and the MAs, thinking a speaker this price couldnt offer that kind of quality, but the surprise was pleasant to say the least. Everything people say about that tweeter is spot on too, might be why the MA GX range is now going to use it as well eh ;).

T

the record spot

Delighted to hear you're enjoying them. I see Audio Sanctum are still the sole distributor for the UK and the arrangement seems like a good one - 30-day home trial and return for the cost of the postage. The amps look rather good as well. Certainly, they're the only other one making an amp that I'd be interested in just now (USB and Optical capability) apart from Harman Kardon.

A

Anonymous

Just a quick post

Had a brief listen to the standmount model with the ribon tweeter at the Bristol show and I was completely blown away! It was such a captivating listen I wanted to stay for longer, great integration with the tweeter. Would happily consider a pair myself and I couldn't believe the price tag, they sounded twice the price. One of my hightlights of the show from a complany I had never heard of.

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
ear:moonfly are those the ones with square cabin or rounded cabin at the back?The gloss black versions are square, while the wood finishes are rounded. I just preferred the gloss black finish, and you get an extra option with the room tuning feature with the gloss versions, which IMO also make them more attractive.

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
matengawhat:just googld them and can't help but think that the ribbon tweeter looks a lot like the one in the ma platinum rangeIt is the very same Fountek tweeter in the new GX and the Platinum series. MA claim that although the tweeter they used is based on the Fountek ribbon, they 'optimise' to their specific requirements to meet a specific performance criteria. Thats all well and good except that the off the shelf version already exceeds those stated requirements, so not sure what gives their. In any case its clearly the same tweeter in all the speakers, depending on what you believe.

Ive always been a big fan of the MA speakers, but a good friend I trust went to the Bristol show this weekend. I was interested in the GX range but lost patience and went with the XTZ floor standers instead because of the Ribbon. The GX was then anounced and knowing they were at the show I asked about them, the response I got was that the XTZ's make the GX range seem massively overpriced, either that or the XTZs have no right to sound as good as they do for the money.

Suffice to say, I am blown away by the sound quality on offer, I'm a little ashamed at what I paid and feel like a bit of a thief :D

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Very disappointed with MA GX50.First of all i was really upset because the guy from MA wasn't fancy changing speakers set up from the floorstanders to GX50 which i wanted to demo !An hour later i managed to change his mind though and i auditioned them.

I must admit they are nothing special and surely i wouldn't pay 950!

After that i went straight to XTZ room to see 99.26 and... what a big surprise!They sounded just amazing , clear , dynamic and with extended bass too .I couldn't resist and stayed in there for over 30 min. I love their design , curved cabinets and stands weren't bad at all too.Then i spotted the prices list...could not believe in that!

Absolutely bargain!

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
robolowski:
Very disappointed with MA GX50 . . . . . .

After that i went straight to XTZ room to see 99.26 and...

Absolutely bargain!
Just goes to show how much of your money goes to pay other peoples wages, dealers and the like etc. A lot of dealers these days arent worth the premium either. The XTZ are the best speaker for the price point IMHO, and are better than some more expensive speakers I've heard. They dont have a dealer network, but I have had several conversations with XTZ directly via forums, and they post every week in their own thread on there. Their support is better than dealers IMO, their technical knowledge surpasses any dealer I have even spoken too, even more so as they make the products they support you on, and they have a constant presence meaning they essentially support you for the life of the product without you even needed to leave the home.

A

Anonymous

Hi! Just to let you know we will support members of this forum as well. We recently registered on this forum after having received a tip from one member about it.

:)

/Rikard

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
XTZ, can you add a signature to your account clarifying your company and position, as required by House Rules?

Thanks

Thanks, we have updated our signature.

:)

/Rikard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts