xtreamer ultra new home media device

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

dunno whether to post this here or if it's against the rules.. apology in advance if i'd broken house rule :~

what y'all think of this device.. http://www.xtreamer.net/ultra/

stumble across the device.. sound good on paper but is it too good to be true??.. do u think it will perform? thinking of preordering this but im not techno savvy enough to understand the lingo.. basically i got a whole loads of divx avi xvid mkv mp3 mp4 files on my western digital 250 hards drive which i have to transfer onto a 4gb usb flash key and watch via usb on my philips dvd player (cause if i'd plug WD direct into dvd player it will see only a dozen file and not all.. something to do with dvd player not seeing over 100's folder but anyway).. i'd also got file on my laptop which i like to stream to my tv wireless.. do u think this device is the answer to my prayer.. i used to have the old xbox which was chipped and it used to play all my media file via FTP ethernet cable but sadly it no longer work.. been looking around for sometime for a device like this to stream wirelessly rather than FTP or usb (can be a real pain sometime).. please take a look and post your thought on.. thanks

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, their previous products haven't always delivered from what I can gather. They always look good on paper. Hopefully this one will be different. There are loads of these devices around right now and all seem to have their glitches. I gave up on media players and opted for a Revo 3700 and haven't regretted it. It's on 24/7 and uses next to no power and I run XBMC, NeverMissTV and Squeezebox Server on it. Great wee device.

A

Anonymous

Seems well spec'd but I've found most of those companies aren't well supported. WDTV is the worst and I'd say popcorn are the best.

Look forward to their next gen boxes as the 200 series are cracking little boxes.

TRENDING THREADS