XBOX to DAC - no sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have my XBOX 360 connected to my DacMagic by toslink. I have selected digital stereo output on the 360 dashboard, and all is well when I have a game on, suggesting everything is set up correctly. Sounds great, too.

However, when I put a DVD on I get no sound. I wondered if this was because the 360 is outputing 5.1 surround over the toslink, which obviously the DacMagic won't accept. However, I can't see any options in the DVD menu to switch to 2 channel, and when I tried a cheapo DVD that only has stereo sound, there was still silence.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the problem is, or even better suggest a solution?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I think the Xbox only passes through the bitstream on DVD playback. I don't recall ever seeing an option to transcode DVD audio to stereo PCM.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Tom,

[checks Babelfish....]

so what you're saying is that basically, it's a non-starter and I should stick to the analogue connections for playing DVDs?

A

Anonymous

No, don't give up. It works for me into DAC. I can't remember how I did it but Im sure it wasn't that hard. I will have a look at my settings and report back. Also you should be able to change the settings to 2-channel in the DVD menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts