Xbox One - Titanfall Bundle £370!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Have you compared the blu ray movie playback on your Xbox One to your Pioneer 71 or the other blu ray players you have tried? If so, do you notice any differences?

The Blu-Ray player is hard to judge because I am using it on my smaller Sony TV. Perhaps some pictures not so good but most basically the same as my Pioneer and the other Blu-Ray players I have tested. Motion is very good, it is just let down a little bit at times but most of the time just as good.

Thanks for that Gel :cheers:

However, like you say for a true comparison it would have to be tested with your Panasonic TV as the differences you saw are probably attributable to the totally different screens a Sony Led and Panasonic plasma have.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Have you compared the blu ray movie playback on your Xbox One to your Pioneer 71 or the other blu ray players you have tried? If so, do you notice any differences?

The Blu-Ray player is hard to judge because I am using it on my smaller Sony TV. Perhaps some pictures not so good but most basically the same as my Pioneer and the other Blu-Ray players I have tested. Motion is very good, it is just let down a little bit at times but most of the time just as good.

Thanks for that Gel :cheers:

However, like you say for a true comparison it would have to be tested with your Panasonic TV as the differences you saw are probably attributable to the totally different screens a Sony Led and Panasonic plasma have.

Yep, when I get chance I will hook it up to my Panasonic and give you a better comparison. I am guessing it might be the same but not 100 per cent sure. Perhaps a little bit weaker for some images. This is guess work on what I have seen though. Blacks for example will be a lot stronger on the Panasonic, and thus giving a better image.

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat said:
gel how you getting on with the xbox one

Pretty good. :cheers:

I am enjoying Rayman the best. On FIFA I don't know the controls! Does anyone know what they are? Titanfall I have only got until Saturday unless I buy the live thing.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I'm not surprised.....but why?

I don't really use it to be honest and would like to spend the money elsewhere. Is the 14 day return still okay with the sale of goods act?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Didn't think you would keep it gel...not sure about the 14 day return though and with it being from Zavvi I fear you may struggle to get refunded.

Have you contacted them or even sent it back already? The quicker you act the more likely you are to get a refund, I wouldn't hesitate if I was you mate.

What will you buy instead then?

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Didn't think you would keep it gel...not sure about the 14 day return though and with it being from Zavvi I fear you may struggle to get refunded.

Have you contacted them or even sent it back already? The quicker you act the more likely you are to get a refund, I wouldn't hesitate if I was you mate.

I have just sold it to my brother in law for £450! So I don't have any grief of returning it now and selling the games. :cheer: I have managed to get out of another tricky situation! :). Phew.

I am tempted by the Denon Blu-Ray player again but will try and keep the money instead.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Gel is going on a cruise soon, that's where the money will go.

Yep, that will definitely help there. The Denon is still tempting though but will try and resist because I don't really need it.

Cheers for the help. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:

I did contact Zavvi this morning about returning it but they haven't got back to me yet! So glad not to be dealing with them again.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to need to buy a bdp soon for a new HC. Xbox One is top of my list. I'm guessing around 10k for the whole thing. I wouldn't see the Xbox as out of place.

Id never buy another Denon bdp. Had issues with my 2012. Denon weren't that surprised and blame bd variable spin rates.

Never had issues with Sonys.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
I'm going to need to buy a bdp soon for a new HC. Xbox One is top of my list. I'm guessing around 10k for the whole thing. I wouldn't see the Xbox as out of place.

Id never buy another Denon bdp. Had issues with my 2012. Denon weren't that surprised and blame bd variable spin rates.

Never had issues with Sonys.

Yep, I have heard about the Denon issues on here and with retailers.

What amp and speakers are you buying?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Gel

ill probably go for an all active system. Probably 6.1 using AVI DM5s. I'll use an AVR with pre outs to act as a pre / pro. I use a RXV3067 at the moment, but this will be another system so will probably go for something similar.

Or I might go for an amp & KEF LS50, but I'll admit I've not investigated this.

The new extension is only at Planning stage so fingers crossed I get approval.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
Gel

ill probably go for an all active system. Probably 6.1 using AVI DM5s. I'll use an AVR with pre outs to act as a pre / pro. I use a RXV3067 at the moment, but this will be another system so will probably go for something similar.

Or I might go for an amp & KEF LS50, but I'll admit I've not investigated this.

The new extension is only at Planning stage so fingers crossed I get approval.

Sounds good! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Zavvi have just emailed me, they were going to collect it for just £6, so not too bad for a change!

D

Deleted member 2457

psurquhart said:
Hey Gel,

I was. Looking for the post that someone had written on the cheap deal for Xbox live subscription - where can I find it please ? Can you help ?

Hi

Here it is:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/xbox/which-xbox-one-games-requires-online-live

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts