Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Got my original Cyrus One bought in 1989 out to give it an airing. What a revelation it was last night. I can understand why What Hi-Fi sung its praises back then. Cyrus produced a sublime amp and may I say, perfect. Each note sounded so airy and surrounded by an inky black darkness. Granted it cannot produce thunderous bass being conservative 25W but the sound was a perfect balance in presentation.

Reactions: aversaurus

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
A thought:
As you have described it as sounding airy etc...
Why did you pack it away in the first place.

Not an accusation. I'm just curious.
A sequence of events. I had the Cyrus streaming via a Sonos Connect. Then my wife wanted to play CDs. I bought a network player which incorporated CD player and Internet radio. Placing the Cyrus on a full width component looked aesthetically wrong so she bought a matching amp so the Cyrus was retired.

Reactions: Al ears
A sequence of events. I had the Cyrus streaming via a Sonos Connect. Then my wife wanted to play CDs. I bought a network player which incorporated CD player and Internet radio. Placing the Cyrus on a full width component looked aesthetically wrong so she bought a matching amp so the Cyrus was retired.
Sometimes you realise just how good the stuff you had was when you do that and don't use it for some time. For me it was my speakers, had not used the EB2's for some time then decided to hook them up when I changed my amplifier. Revelation is not the word for it.....

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I quite agree AI ears. I retired a pair of Celestion 300 floorstanders some time ago and replaced them with Dali Rubicon 600's. Whilst I love the Rubicons, I cannot quite bring myself to sell or otherwise dispose of the Celestions, because i also love the way thy sound too. This kind of beggars the question as to why I changed them in the first place I suppose, to which there is no easy answer. I like the way both sets of speakers sound for different reasons. Maybe I had suffered a bout of upgradeitis too....

TRENDING THREADS