Wow Pioneer A400 GTE(Tom Evans Mod) for only £85!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well im feeling pretty chuffed with myself - i just managed to snipe a bargain on ebay. a Pioneer A400GTE for only £85! now that is a great price even for a regular A400, but for a Tom Evans modded one - that is a great price! remember that the mod itself cost £170.

as some of you know, i already have an A400(not GTE) and love it. so i curious to see how this compares to it. does anybody here have any experience with the GTE version?

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
85 Notes???

You have Practically stolen it, I recently wrote to Tom Evans asking him if he still mods the A400?

I was going to ask if he could mod mine?

Unfortunately he said he doesn't do the A400 anymore but he is modifying the PioneerA300R.

In his opinion, the A300R sounds better after modification than the A400?

I'm not familier with Tom Evans modified Pioneer A300R amps so I can't possibly comment. What I'm saying is that you are probably not going to find for a long time, a bargain piece of Kit like the A400 GTE you just picked up.

Well done!

A

Anonymous

thanks tesler. ive seen a few modded a300r's for sale - normally going for 150 notes. be interested to try one now that you say Tom Evans thinks they sound better the a modded a400!

once the a400gte has arrived an ive had a chance to a-b it i'll report back with my findings.

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:

once the a400gte has arrived an ive had a chance to a-b it i'll report back with my findings.

Nice one! I for one would be very interested in your review of the A400 GTE. If it is as good as it's reputation then you are in for something special me thinks?

Will you let us know what the different sound characteristics are between the two, and whether there is a substantial improvement?

I value your honest opinion.

Cheers,
Tes.

TRENDING THREADS