WOW! Norah Jones

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Litterally just left Norah Jones in concert 30 minutes ago. Absolutely fantastic! Amazing band. What an incredible talent she it. Highly recommended if she tours the UK. I hadn't even bought her latest CD, but after tonight I'm going to have to.

The bad news is, as good as my system is, it doesn't quite capture what I just experienced. I was like 30 rows back in a medium to smallish venue that seats around 3000 people. And it was ideal for Norah Jones as the audience was nicely quiet and let the band do their thing. Really great music!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reminder. I've not listened to Norah for ages and you've prompted me to see that she a newish album 'The Fall' that's not in my CD collection so I'm checking it out now on Spotify and will no doubt order it later...

Glad you enjoyed a gig so much you felt prompted to post - there's nothing like a good live performance...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
... and I don't know your system but I've just Googled it - it doesn't sound good on THAT ?

Isn't your NAD CD player somewhat a junior member in that set up? or are you just using it as a transport?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:
Litterally just left Norah Jones in concert 30 minutes ago. Absolutely fanstastic! Amazing band. What an incredible talent she it. Highly recommended if she tours the UK. I hadn't even bought her latest CD, but after tonight I'm going to have to.

The bad news is, as good as my system is, it doesn't quite capture what I just experienced. I was like 30 rows back in a medium to smallish venue that seats around 3000 people. And it was ideal for Norah Jones as the audience was nicely quiet and let the band do their thing. Really great music!

I've got all her albums. The Fall is maybe her weakest to date. However, her voice is so stunning, she could sing the Lords Prayer and it would be lovely.

A

Anonymous

I have a few of her albums, and agree, her voice makes most of the songs she sings - incredible.

Jaxwired - I think thats the pursuit of real hifi - to get closer to the live performance feel as you possibly can
emotion-4.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:I've got all her albums. The Fall is maybe her weakest to date. However, her voice is so stunning, she could sing the Lords Prayer and it would be lovely.

I know, I've checked out "The Fall" several times on Amazon and always decided to pass, but what I heard last night was incredible. The studio version must be different. Maybe it's the way it was mastered/produced. The songs I heard last night from her new release were more complex than her earlier work, but they still sounded very stripped down. The band was just so good. The new songs had a dark lush sound to them. She played electric guitar on her new songs and it was excellent.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I just checked it out on Amazon and the difference does seem to be how it was mastered. For instance the song "I wouldn't need you" has Norah playing rhythm guitar, but live the guitar was more prominent and grittier sounding. Much richer sounding. Maybe this is the so called "compression" that everyone is always complaining about...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
roger06:

... and I don't know your system but I've just Googled it - it doesn't sound good on THAT ?

Isn't your NAD CD player somewhat a junior member in that set up? or are you just using it as a transport?

Cheers Roger, really like your system. The 52se is brilliant. I'm sure it works well with the Naim gear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts