Would this work? (or am I being delusionist....)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Advice welcomed - I want an upscaling DVD player to fit in with the existing all-in-one surround system, which doesn't have HDMI. I don't have the room (nor the readies!) for what I'd like - AV receiver, new DVD and new speakers - so am thinking of the following - Existing multi-region Panasonic all-in-one hooked up to the TV via Scart. New Panasonic all-in-one hooked up via HDMI with the speakers wired into the connections of the existing all-in-one. My thinking is that this should give me 5.1 through both players - but I'm unsure exactly how AV processing and circuitry functions. I need two players to keep the multi-region capability, Panasonic being difficult to frig to region-free. Any advice welcomed before I head out to splash the cash on Wednesday (when the TV will be exchanged).

A

Anonymous

You need to connect the new DVD to your all in one via a digital input (if it has one). The all in one should then process the signal from the new player.

A

Anonymous

My original post was a little unclear. There's no digital input on the existing player, but both sets would drive the same set of speakers - connections from the new set wired into the existing set by a short length of cable. Effectively I'm looking to drive the same set of speakers from two different DVD players and get a 5.1 signal from each independently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts