Would this work? - Laptop/hard disk/Sonos/Speaker

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yes it does.

My music is ripped in flac, and in each artist/album folder you have a jpg folder for album art. This is done automaticaly by db poweramp.

daveh75

Andy H:Yes it does. My music is ripped in flac, and in each artist/album folder you have a jpg folder for album art. This is done automaticaly by db poweramp.Cheers for that, was just watching an online demo of the sonos and it just showed artist in list form, i,e no artwork so that got me wondering!

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is done automatically. Apple lossless ripped with itunes can display the artwork on the Sonos but I'm not sure if you have to set it up manually????

Itunes saves the artwork differently.

I would check out the Sonos forums for more info.

This was one of the issues I found when I first got my Sonos and I ended up using db poweramp ripping into flac. This is great with no problems.

If I want to play back the flac files on my computer I use media monkey, although this is very rare. Some posters use Foobar 2000 though I've no exp' of this.

Peter Bleakley

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Andy. Just in case anyone wants to know.

Here's the reply from the Sonos Forum.

There is software available for both Windows and Apple computers which you can use to scan the Internet for album art and other media data. Click on the links below for more information.

The Sonos system supports JPG, BMP, GIF and PNG images up to 1024x1024 in size.

The album art file can be embedded in the digital music file, (if the file format supports embedded art), or placed in the same folder as your music. If the image is placed in the same folder it must be named folder.xxx, (xxx being the supported extension). Each album should be in its own folder and contain one image file.

If for some reason you are still unable to see the album art, please confirm that the file is named correctly. To do so, when you are in that folder, open the Tools Menu -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> If "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked, rename your file from 'folder.xxx' to 'folder'.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Interesting, I don't do it either of those ways, I have all my album art in one folder (separate from the music), and the ID tag for each simply points to the relevant jpg file in the art folder. Sonos picks it up fine.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Interesting, I don't do it either of those ways, I have all my album art in one folder (separate from the music), and the ID tag for each simply points to the relevant jpg file in the art folder. Sonos picks it up fine.

This way seems even better. This is one of the issues when I first got the Sonos and couldn't work out a way to solve it. I had started ripping into apple lossless but didn't want the hassle of sorting out the artwork manually. Thus going to db poweramp solved the issue for me.

You learn something everyday. Thanks for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts