Would this work: Criticism Please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After pouring over the last few issues of the magazine and spending a couple of working days surfing the site, I have come up with this mix, Does it work??
[*] CD Player : Marantz CD6002 [*] AMP: Marantz PM6002 [*] Tuner : Marantz ST7001 DAB/FM/AM [*] Speakers : Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 or B&W 686 [*] Subwoofer : Wharfedale Diamond SW 150 or Velodyne Microvee
Your comments and criticism are most welcome

Ronan

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Or to take a more sober view, yes that system will work together very well, but I wouldn't bother with the subwoofer, and I'd go for the B&W speakers.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes, dont waste your money on a subwoofer. I dont like B&W's 'cheaper' speakers but to spend any surplus money on good speakers certainly makes sense

T

the record spot

Should be fine, but lose the subwoofer; it'll not add anything the speakers (whichever ones you pick) couldn't.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, I am seriously suggesting that IMHO that system will work together well. Whether or not he decides to take my advice or use it as guidance in further listening is up to him. I am assuming he's grown-up enough to recognise advice as such, and not an imperative, and act upon it accordingly.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]yes that system will work together very well, but I wouldn't bother with the subwoofer, and I'd go for the B&W speakers.
[/quote]

Same here, hard to beat for the price
emotion-21.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]No, I am seriously suggesting that IMHO that system will work together well. Whether or not he decides to take my advice or use it as guidance in further listening is up to him. I am assuming he's grown-up enough to recognise advice as such, and not an imperative, and act upon it accordingly.
[/quote]

Ha ha. You'll have your work cut out tonight. Well, I had a great night out, am drunk and dont want to upset anybody tonight. So peace to you all and good night.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

As you can see I have a similar system building up.

But what I would say and am sure everyone on here would is LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN.

I like the brighter sound of the Marantz PM6002, so depends if you like brighter or warmer.

I heard the B&W's after all the talk of B&W & Rotel pair well because they come from the same distributor, but thought IMHO personally, which is what all this is about, I preferred the Marantz B&W combo.

Also heard MA BR2's with Rotel & personally found them to be VERY dull or WARM?

If that's what you prefer then that's what you prefer, the reviewer won't be listening to this system YOU will be.

The best reviewer for YOUR system will be YOU.

So go LISTEN.

It might help to let us know whatr kind of sound you prefer if you know?

What kind of music you listen to?

How big is your space?

Finally, just remember, this is the beginning, it's about the journey ENJOY IT !

T

the record spot

It's also the nickname Big Ger Cafferty (a resident in one of the Windsor Group Hotels) reserves for Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus in that series of crime novels!

The Record Spot - we're not just here for the vinyl things in life.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts