Speaker help please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After some impartial advice - looking to partner Marantz PM6002 amplifier & matching CD6002 CD player with either Monitor Audio Bronze BR2's or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's - am I potentially selling myself short on the speaker front? Should I be considering something higher spec like B&W 685's?

A

Anonymous

This will contradict the above ut the BR2's are fantastic speakers in their own right and superior to the Wharfedales because the Wharfedales are more polite whereas the BR2's have lots of grunt, deep bass and control. To be honest I am not the biggest fan of B&W's so I would recommend the BR2's. In most publications not just what hi, the BR2's are seen as a better choice than the Wharfedales also.

hi fi newbie:This will contradict the above ut the BR2's are fantastic speakers in their own right and superior to the Wharfedales because the Wharfedales are more polite whereas the BR2's have lots of grunt, deep bass and control. To be honest I am not the biggest fan of B&W's so I would recommend the BR2's. In most publications not just what hi, the BR2's are seen as a better choice than the Wharfedales also.

I agree about the BR2's - they are wonderful speakers. My only hesitation is that M.A. can sound a little top-endie with Marantz [depending on your room acoustics]. In which case I err towards a more contolled speaker like B&W.

A

Anonymous

emotion-10.gif
Not wishing to hijack this but I am in a similar position between the 9.1's and BR2's
emotion-42.gif

The BR2@s are some 60% more expensive...with this in mind can they be consisdered that much better than the 9.1's

Thanks

Mike

Nooby:

emotion-10.gif
Not wishing to hijack this but I am in a similar position between the 9.1's and BR2's
emotion-42.gif

The BR2@s are some 60% more expensive...with this in mind can they be consisdered that much better than the 9.1's

Thanks

Mike

As previously mentioned, the BR2's are lively speakers. So It'll be down to taste as well as room conditioning - not forgetting the source you have.

Perfect example is I've the RS6 and I have thick carpets and when I rigged up a Cyrus 8VS2, connected to my Arcam CD73 it sounded fine, thus defying conventional wisdom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts