Would this speaker combination work?

cutter74

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently replacing my entire setup and i'm thinking of replacing my old (really old!!!) 5.1 Sony speaker package SA-VE705 as well. I was thinking of buying the B&W MT-25 package to hook up to my new Sony STR-DA5400ES A/V receive.

The only problem is... I HATE the look of the B&W subwoofer! I was thinking if it would be possible to keep the old Sony subwoofer that came with the SA-VE705 and just get 5 B&W M1 satellites to hook up to the STR-DA5400.

Would this work/sound good? I would really appreciate your opinions.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Dpends if the subwoofer is active or not. If it is active ( has its own amplifier) you will be able to connect it to the 5400 The B&W speakers wouldnt be my first choice with the 5400 as it could sound a bit aggressive. Did you look at any other packages perhaps with a more pleasing looking subwoofer?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You also won't hear everything the '5400ES has to offer with the MT-25 package - stepping up to the MT-30 with the beautiful PV1 subwoofer could solve both those issues!

cutter74

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
@ Nick: Yep, the Sony subwoofer is active, so i shouldn't have any problems connecting it to the 5400. I was just wondering with this subwoofer fares up when compared to the subs offered by B&W for their M1 satellites.

@ Clare: The MT-30 is gorgeous but it unfortunately retails at about 2,000 euros, which is more than i can spend for a speaker package at the moment...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts