would this be a good 9.1 setup?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi can anybody tell me if this would be a great setup i have onkyo 5009 monitor audio rx6 av12 speaker package i want to use rx6s as fronts rx cenre speaker rxfx rears for surround speakers the sub that comes with the package

additional pair of rxfx as surround back speakers rx1s for front high speakers wall mounted and rx1 as front wide speakers on partington super dreadnought stands would this be ok will it be a tonal match? need help asap please

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
markyboy156 said:
hi can anybody tell me if this would be a great setup i have onkyo 5009 monitor audio rx6 av12 speaker package i want to use rx6s as fronts rx cenre speaker rxfx rears for surround speakers the sub that comes with the package

additional pair of rxfx as surround back speakers rx1s for front high speakers wall mounted and rx1 as front wide speakers on partington super dreadnought stands would this be ok will it be a tonal match? need help asap please

It should sound great, but unless my maths is off, what you are describing is 11.1.

If the Onkyo can only achieve 9.1 (well 9.2 technically), you won't be able to have rears, front height AND front width, only two of the three.

I'm not familiar with the 5009, it may well be able to output the 10th and 11th channels you are after, to a seperate amp, but it doesn't have onboard amplification to do it alone.

TRENDING THREADS