Would there be...

kellrich

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Lenovo laptop [Z570] and I use Rdio to now listen to music via headphones. I have a MkIII Roksan Kandy amp which I would like to send the music from the laptop to. I've read in WHF reviews of many DAC's and quite like the sound of the AUDIOLAB M-DAC. Would I get a vast difference in sound quality if I was to spend 600 on this unit or would I be expecting too much from the quality of Rdio's music download service. Your thoughts pleeeeez.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, any signal that is sent via a laptop, into the Audiolabe M dac's USB connection will receive a massive boost in audio sound quality, as the data is then re clocked and processed to a far higher standard, so this should serve you well as an upgrade, especially if listening is pc or laptop based.

Also, (for late night use), the M dac treats you to a useful headphone amp with independant volume control, this may even sound better than your Roksan in some areas, but you would need to demo this to be sure.

Alternatively, the Audiolab Q dac is nearly as good, for less money - if you don'n need a remote, or all of the digital filters found on its bigger brother.

Hope this helps!

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
There are lots of DACs around that should give you a performance boost without spending M-DAC sort of money for what appears to be a relatively low quality source.

Tacty

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
There are lots of DACs around that should give you a performance boost without spending M-DAC sort of money for what appears to be a relatively low quality source.

+1

and if i may not only for imternet radio as a source...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts