Would the Naim unitiqute drive the PMC 22?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ooops. :oops:

My neighbours have just been complaining because I was listening to 'Ode to Joy' at near full volume. :rockout:

It sounds bloody fantastic with 300 watts of headroom though! 8)

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
steve_1979 said:
My neighbours have just been complaining because I was listening to 'Ode to Joy' at near full volume. :rockout:

"We can hear the distortion from that passive crossover three doors away!!!!!"

Then maybe they should close those doors?

John Duncan

Aaaaaaaanyway.

Sounds OK to me via Spotify/AirPlay - doesn't feel like its running out of puff. But then, I don't listen to music very loud, which brings us back to the OP, what he listens to and how loudly...

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Aaaaaaaanyway.

:)

John Duncan said:
Sounds OK to me via Spotify/AirPlay - doesn't feel like its running out of puff. But then, I don't listen to music very loud, which brings us back to the OP, what he listens to and how loudly...

That's good to hear. The UnityQute should be perfectly adequate for anyone who only listens at low volume in a small room. When I listened to the UnityQute with the volume turned up a bit it didn't actually sound like it was badly distorted or clipping but the sound does definitely change. It just seems to be harder and lifeless once that it runs out of headroom to reproduce the instantaneous dynamic peaks adequately.

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to put the OP off because the UnityQute is a very stylish and desirable piece of kit that sounds nice so long as it's kept it within it's limits.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
A home demo would be nice. See if it can fill the room with tunes and doesn't run out of power before it can be heard at a good level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts