Would it be safe to......?

hifi_fan1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The audio from our tv is only optical and I dont have a cable & converter.

If I used the 3.5mm headphone output and plugged in a headphone to phono cable would it OK to put this signal into my intergrated amp? I could then use the menu to turn off the TVs internal speaker and sun sound via my KEFs.

I know its not ideal, but is it safe at least?

Please dont move this to the home cinema forum, that has not had any posts for 2 days, and im hoping for a prompt answer for this evening.

Best wishes.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
hifi_fan1 said:
The audio from our tv is only optical and I dont have a cable & converter.

If I used the 3.5mm headphone output and plugged in a headphone to phono cable would it OK to put this signal into my intergrated amp? I could then use the menu to turn off the TVs internal speaker and sun sound via my KEFs.

I know its not ideal, but is it safe at least?

Please dont move this to the home cinema forum, that has not had any posts for 2 days, and im hoping for a prompt answer for this evening.

Best wishes.

Yes it is save, you just need a cable with a 3.5mm jack into 2 RCAs and connected into one of the inputs of your amp, but not in the phono input if your amp got one.

hifi_fan1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

The television being on at the mains causes awful feedback through the speakers! How do I resolve this?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Brand and model of the amp please?

This has nothing to do being connected to the same mains! Is the jack complitely connected? Until the end?

What input in the amp are you using?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts