• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

would a sealed speaker work . atc scm 7?

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
hi i am at a loss really! in a nutshell ,if a small speaker like the Focal chorus 705,( spec.s; -3db at 65hz ;-6db at 57hz) drones a little on cetain bass notes,example tubular bells part one . bass guitar intro, Would a speaker like the atc scm7 work as it is sealed,from past experience,i know a crossover at 100hz ; worked on a floorstander,but the sound was thin & i could never marry the sub to the speaker. MY avr as broke,i only have a stereo amp now,if the atc scm7 works ,great,but i have a feeling it will not; *scratch_one-s_head* as the puny focal droned, would i be better off getting something like the dali zensor 3 and a new AVR,& use a crossover ? I have had a number of speakers and they have all had problems: with this room.Sonus Faber chameleon B kef LS50 than the Focal 705, I am fed up of sending speakers back ,so the ; atc scm7 as i have read it works in small rooms; or new AVR with cheaper speaker,s Like, dali Zensor 3 . my budget is £850 for speakers or avr & cheaper speaker! *smile*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Sounds like the speakers are all exciting the same issues in the room - with room issues, it doesn't matter which speakers you put in there as the same issues will be present. Some speakers may excite the issues a little less, if their response is lacking in the frequency range of the issue. Are you using any EQ for the speakers? Have you?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts