Would a buffalo terastation be any good in this set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I use itunes for all of my media and have decided to get apple tv but I have read on the net and here on what hifi that MP3 (which most of my music is formatted to) is not the best quality format so my problem is my pc hard drive is almost at breaking point and putting the music in better quality formats is obviously going to increase space usage.

So I was wondering would something like the buffalo terastation be any use with my itunes apple tv setup to solve my storage problem?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Short answer is yes any NAS , Buffalo , Netgear Duo etc. will resolve your storage issues and be accessible and allow you to rip in your chosen lossless format, Apple lossless FLAC, etc. No experience of the Buffalo but I happily use Netgear Duo got about 1000 albums FLAC using 40% of a 1TB .

idc

I had a Buffalo Drivestation2share and it worked really well, using my PC as the server. I would still have it but the company I got it from sent me the wrong size and I had a nightmare with their customer services. My new laptop has a big enough hard drive to cope. I bought the Buffalo as it appeared to me very reliable going by Amazon customer reviews.

daveh75

One thing to note,

You cant stream directly from NAS to an Apple TV, it still requires a pc/mac running itunes.

Though there are hacks available for the ATV that will let you do this AFAIK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts