Wot night manager?!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
A pretty lame post perhaps, but my HiFi and radio paradise are stopping me from watching the last two episodes of The Night Manager. Don't know whether to be agitated or happy in sound (actually I do) *yes3*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Predictable given that the book was published 23 years ago and there were no particular suprises as far as the story is concerned. (A few location changes and gender swaps to fit budget and casting and director's 're-imagining'.)

Admittedly i've only watched one and a half episodes (of the 6 recorded on my Humax) so far. They were ok.

I have read the book twice in recent years and listened to the (unabridged) audiobook version when in hospital last year.

No hurry to watch the telly version yet (or at all if the right moment doesn't present itself). Much more likely to listen to the audiobook again in the meantime.

chebby said:
Predictable given that the book was published 23 years ago and there were no particular suprises as far as the story is concerned. (A few location changes and gender swaps to fit budget and casting and director's 're-imagining'.)

Admittedly i've only watched one and a half episodes (of the 6 recorded on my Humax) so far. They were ok.

I have read the book twice in recent years and listened to the (unabridged) audiobook version when in hospital last year.

No hurry to watch the telly version yet (or at all if the right moment doesn't present itself). Much more likely to listen to the audiobook again in the meantime.

Didn't know about the book. In all I thought the TV version was as good as anything I have seen recently. The wife is watching the final episode (recorded) as I write this.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
chebby said:

Didn't know about the book. In all I thought the TV version was as good as anything I have seen recently. The wife is watching the final episode (recorded) as I write this.

Fair dos everyone. Finally got to watch it and thought it was good. The other day my father said the ending had been changed for the TV version. Haven't spoken to him since the episode was broadcast so not sure what his opinions on this are now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts