Worth upgrading or not?????

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I have a Onkyo CR-515 with a set of Q Acoustic 1020 speakers, would the MS 902i's give me a much better base response? The 1020's go down to 68Hz where as the 902i's go down to 55Hz. Is this going to translate into a big difference in base or am I best saving my money for a rainy day?

Thanks 

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm responding in part to bump your post.

I have heard neither of these speakers tbh.

68 to 55 Hz should be noticably deeper. I guess some will depend on the character of that bass. Remember though the 902 is rear ported and will want space behind it work at it's best. The Wharfedale Diamomd 9.1 may be worth considering too if you want bass detail.

In many ways it could be argued that these options are more sidesteps than upgrades, but if it gets the voicing you want and you're happy withe result....

I'd have thought quite a few people would have views on 2 or more of these options.

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it is more of a sidestep, which is why I was wondering if it was worth doing or not. I can get the 902i's for £89.99.

I do like the sound I get from the 1020's. Maybe another option would be to add a subwoofer? The Q Acoustic 1000si is almost twice as much as the 902i's and a bit big, are there any other subs out there that are compact and would match well with the 1020's?

A

Anonymous

Im interested in the 902is as well. Id be interested to know where you can get them for 89.99?!

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
http://www.a1-sound.co.uk/product/mordaunt-short-avant-902i-stand-mount-speaker?

A1 Sound, I have not used them before so can't vouch for them. Very good price though!

A

Anonymous

Cheers. Annoyingly they dont have any in black!

Thanks anyway though. Ive heard the speakers and thought they sounded really nice with a Nad 325 amp. Ive also heard conflicting reports as to whether to go for these or the Wharfedales, but i think im going to just go for the 902is.

TRENDING THREADS