Worth the upgrade? HELP!

Robbo_123

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks to some savings due to the various sales etc I have managed to up the budget on my turntable to comfortably afford the Project RPM1Carbon. I could possibly push the boat out to the Project 1 Xpression Carbon UKX. This would be seriously at the top end of my budget possibly too high if I'm being truthfully honest. My main question is will I notice a massive improvement in sound? This is going to be my first real vinyl set up and I don't want to blow the bank. I will be pairing it with a Cambridge CXA60 and Monitor Audio Silver 1 speakers.

Thanks,

Ben

Robbo_123 said:
Hi All,

Thanks to some savings due to the various sales etc I have managed to up the budget on my turntable to comfortably afford the Project RPM1Carbon. I could possibly push the boat out to the Project 1 Xpression Carbon UKX. This would be seriously at the top end of my budget possibly too high if I'm being truthfully honest. My main question is will I notice a massive improvement in sound? This is going to be my first real vinyl set up and I don't want to blow the bank. I will be pairing it with a Cambridge CXA60 and Monitor Audio Silver 1 speakers.Thanks,Ben

Massive improvements don't come cheap and I don't think you'll get one here. Improvement yes but not massive. Worth buying if you intend to upgrade further in the future.

It might be an idea to buy the cheaper deck then spend more on upgrading the cartridge it normally comes with. However, you are not going to get much for it if you sell on to upgrade later.

My money would go on the Xpression.

Robbo_123

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks,

I guess it's true that you should always buy the best you can afford! I think I will push the boat out and go for the Xpression. The upgraded cartridge and acrylic platter is worth the few hundred quid.

Robbo_123 said:
Thanks,

I guess it's true that you should always buy the best you can afford! I think I will push the boat out and go for the Xpression. The upgraded cartridge and acrylic platter is worth the few hundred quid.

Good thinking. Enjoy when you get it. The Ortofon 2M Silver is an improvement on the bog-standard 2M Red.

TRENDING THREADS