Worth adding a power amp or upgrade speakers?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
SKoob said:
why is my post blank? spent ages on it :(

Forum problems esp. for new members. Best to copy it before posting then if its lost you can just paste it.

In your case I would get better speakers. Try some KEF R100s and LS50s for starters.

SKoob

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've actually got an Onkyo TX-8050 but when i chnaged my sig that also didn't save lol. I was contemplating getting MA BX5 speakers but felt that my 8050 wouldn't be able to drive them. I'm just after a bit more depth and thump

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
SKoob said:
I've actually got an Onkyo TX-8050 but when i chnaged my sig that also didn't save lol. I was contemplating getting MA BX5 speakers but felt that my 8050 wouldn't be able to drive them. I'm just after a bit more depth and thump

It takes a bit of getting used to, as some say not very user friendly, another skill to learn is quoting on here. Why you can't just highlight the words you want to quote and then just click on quote I don't know.

I would get some better speakers and then think about amps when you have some more money.

matthewpiano

I'd look at the Q Acoustics 2050i speakers. The slight warmth of the Qs should compliment the Onkyo well, and they are very capable in the bass department. Very sensitive too. I think the MA BX5s would sound very clinical on the end of the 8050.

T

the record spot

SKoob said:

The Onkyo will drive them fine. It's got ample power but doesn't chuck all it's power out by 9o'clock. You have to really push the dial up to crank it. It'll handle the MAs fine. I wouldn't go along with the notion that it is a "bright" amp, it's not. Neutral, detailed and pretty transparent in my experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts