World of Tanks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Tier 2 T18 for 1 shotting fun with good frontal armour and speed.

Most tier 3 tanks are fine. I like my T-127 and Cruiser IV a lot.

At tier 4 I've not found any tanks that I really like playing in this tier.

Tier 5. KV-1 is good and beginner friendly. M4 is wicked with derp gun and premium ammo. The tier 5 lights are for more advanced players and are great for fast paced fun.

Tier 6. KV1-s will 1 or 2 shot lots of tanks. KV-2 is great for taking on tier 8's.

Tier 7. I like my KV-3 a lot. T29 is good and has a hard nut turret.

Tier 8. Lots of equally good but different tanks.

Tier 9. T54 is a lot of fun. AMX 50 120 has a wicked gun.

Tier 10. Bat Chat is the current darling of Clan wars, with T110E5's and IS7's.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying the Tier IV British Matilda tank. I've not got any tanks yet above tier 4. With Tier 4 there seems to be a good mix of maps you get get to play on, where as the first tiers the maps get a bit boring after a while.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I sold my Mac and brought a PC, last week i downloaded WOT and haven't touched my xbox since.

Its seriously good and hats off to the guys who made the game, the details of the game is great.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Recently I wanted to get some gold for camo for my tank. I used Paypal to buy the Gold but for some reason never got a completed transaction. Anyone else had this problem buying Gold?

Playspan are the people who deal with the transaction I think. For a week on Paypal is just says Pending. How to you delete transactions from Paypal if they don't complete? So far I don't think the money has come out of my bank.

So far no luck getting Gold in World of Tanks.

A

Anonymous

I use PayPal, by card or balance and I've never had a problem. If it's not been taken then it's not gone through.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Me too: bought gold a couple of times and it all went through instantly.

Sorry you're having problems with it.

I find it frustrating in the game that after almost every match, I get disconnected from the server and have to reconnect. Once or twice a session I could forgive, but it's wearing when it's seven or eight.

It's also galling that I'm still really rubbish at the game...(Can't use a light tank to save my life.)

I'm more comfortable with tank destroyers and heavies.

But does anyone have any ideas on why it is that my win record with the Churchill I is only about 40%, when with the KV-1 it's over 60%? Does the Churchill have tougher matchmaking, as it's nominally a stronger tank?

It's really beginning to tick me off...

(Mostly because, as I say, I'm rubbish. And I want to be good at it.)

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Tier 2 T18 for 1 shotting fun with good frontal armour and speed.

Most tier 3 tanks are fine. I like my T-127 and Cruiser IV a lot.

At tier 4 I've not found any tanks that I really like playing in this tier.

Tier 5. KV-1 is good and beginner friendly. M4 is wicked with derp gun and premium ammo. The tier 5 lights are for more advanced players and are great for fast paced fun.

Tier 6. KV1-s will 1 or 2 shot lots of tanks. KV-2 is great for taking on tier 8's.

Tier 7. I like my KV-3 a lot. T29 is good and has a hard nut turret.

Tier 8. Lots of equally good but different tanks.

Tier 9. T54 is a lot of fun. AMX 50 120 has a wicked gun.

Tier 10. Bat Chat is the current darling of Clan wars, with T110E5's and IS7's.

Thanks Lindsayt - only just spotted this advice.

You may have half answered my KV-1/Churchill question: beginner friendly. I'm forever being called a 'noob' in game.

I rushed through the T18 and then binned it. Might reinvest to cash in on the elite status.

I'm on tier IV and V now really. I've 'unlocked' the Hellcat (Tier VI) but can't afford it yet.

Tactics for the different types are interesting. I find it really hard to know what to do with a light tank: I need a bit more armour and firepower. I'm not good enough at keeping moving.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Managed to eventually get my gold through Paypal. Had to re-apply for it so that the transaction would go through. Strange...

I also have the Churchill tank and have not got on that well with it so far. I much prefer the Matilda tier IV.

Not sure whether to carry on the tech -tree (British) with the light tanks in tier V and above. I don't really want another Churchill.

Also I always never use the wireless now for playing and I don't get any drop-outs playing with the cable straight into the router - works much better for me with better ping than wireless. So if you are having any drop-outs use a cable instead.

Now with the update 8.6 - I've found the audio to be much better in the game.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Still enjoying WOT. I've now got a few more tanks - such as the KV1, Churchill Guncarrier, Japanese line up to tier V as well. I still enjoy playing tier 3 or 4 most of all though. The Tier IV Japanese tank Chi-He is quite good (similar to T-28 .

Although people seem to like the Cromwell, I'm not overly keen - as the front turret is still square, guns not good enough for tier VI playing and above, not particularly fast or quick to change direction, poor armour.

Just got the 85mm gun for the KV1 with the better turret, just need to get a decent radio, and diesel engine.

What are peoples favourite tanks in the game?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a couple of Favourites

WZ-120 though seems to be always in a tough croud with bigger guns and better armour but i just love the smaller and more mobile tanks,

Black Prince now i didn't think i was going to like this tank but i do, its nicley armoued with a fast gun though the size and slowness can be its downfall at times

KV-1 is another very good tank

59-16 just love having fun with this tank, its small and very mobile and i have taken a few big tanks out with it and its a good anti scout tank

My most favourite tank is the WZ132, fast small and nible with a gun that packs a punch and do not take anything head on and you should do well but be warned if you come across a T71, AMX 13 or 12t then your dead

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the lowest is tier 6, i do play lower

Matilda BP

Panzer IV

SU-85B

AMX (the real tiny one)

I do find some of the heigher tier games get alittle annoying at times so enjoy lower tier games to keep me sane

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
landzw said:
I think the lowest is tier 6, i do play lower

Matilda BP

Panzer IV

SU-85B

AMX (the real tiny one)

I do find some of the heigher tier games get alittle annoying at times so enjoy lower tier games to keep me sane

Yeah, I have the Matilda BP but not the others. I find the maps for Tiers 1-2 a bit boring but after that there is a good variety. Are there any new maps over tier 7?

Z

Zaggy

Are U joking?) World Of Tanks in the best online game (for me) and it takes TOP places in game ratings. If someone still doesn't try it - U MUST do it:)

I don't like online games in general, but WoT is a super game with only one problem - spending too much time on games )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts