Word alternative for iPad

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
shooter69 said:
Sorry, just stumbled across the iPad forum *doh* Maybe this would of been better in their.

Now moved to its proper place :) As for creating docs on the iPad, you could try apps such as Pages or Evernote.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
shooter69 said:
It seems Microsoft Word isn't available for the iPad. Is there an alternative that can be used?

What level of functionality do you need? You get free note-taking app pre-loaded; at other end of spectrum Apple Pages (£6.99) gives you tons of functionality and you can save/import in Ms Word format

I like Chapters to keep docs and more together; remember there's a world of such tailored apps to explore

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried various different free apps, some of which were not too bad. However, I got to the point where I really needed something a bit more structured so I took the plunge and bought the full iWorks suite - Pages (Word), Numbers (Excel) and Keynote (Powerpoint). They cost £6.99 for each one and I have to say I was really impressed with the functionality of each. OK so they're not full Microsoft applications but for they fulfill all my needs for my office stuff. Pages is partucularly easy to use I find, especially when creating/formatting documents with images incorporated. Word always confuses me with the positioning of the text etc but in Pages you just drag the picture around and the text auto wraps accordingly.

Once done, simply save to iPad (auto backup to cloud) and share via email, iWork, iDisk whatever. You can wireless print as well but it does need a device that supports air print.

ukdavej said:
I tried various different free apps, some of which were not too bad. However, I got to the point where I really needed something a bit more structured so I took the plunge and bought the full iWorks suite - Pages (Word), Numbers (Excel) and Keynote (Powerpoint). They cost £6.99 for each one and I have to say I was really impressed with the functionality of each. OK so they're not full Microsoft applications but for they fulfill all my needs for my office stuff. Pages is partucularly easy to use I find, especially when creating/formatting documents with images incorporated. Word always confuses me with the positioning of the text etc but in Pages you just drag the picture around and the text auto wraps accordingly.

Once done, simply save to iPad (auto backup to cloud) and share via email, iWork, iDisk whatever. You can wireless print as well but it does need a device that supports air print.

Agreed.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks all, very helpfull :)

Clare Newsome said:
What level of functionality do you need?

I have a headed letter with company logo that i either need to replicate on the iPad or somehow transfer the one i use on an iMac using Word, if it can be done on Apple Pages i think that would be the answer but i'm unsure :oops:

All you need is email a word document with your company's logo to yourself. Then open the email on your iPad & select "open in pages". This will get imported in Pages. Simples!

imagepng

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
All you need is email a word document with your company's logo to yourself. Then open the email on your iPad & select "open in pages". This will get imported in Pages. Simples!

imagepng

What he said ;-)

A

Anonymous

Docs to go is also an alternative, it's a bit cheaper compared to iWorks, it does the trick for me and works well with MS office.

A

Anonymous

I read somewhere the new Glaxy Tab 2 (7.0) is Alternative For iPad - and it is one of cheapest gadget?

http://www.etechmag.com/2012/05/20/galaxy-tab-2-7-0-alternative-ipad.html what is truth behind this?

A

Anonymous

Yes there is lot of alternatives for word in ipad one of them is Quickoffice Pro HD and it is also good & reliable.

A

Anonymous

Chapters is really good and organized. Evernote's not bad either but I mostly use the former.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts