Wiring/decorating advice please...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm changing the location of my rear speakers. So this means running the cable (probably QED micro) along the skirting board and then up the corner of adjoining walls. What is the best way of doing this? Glue?

jolls

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
You can get slimline trunking that sits on top of the skirting board and thus hides the wiring at floor level. As for the up the wall wiring you may find something similar .

A

Anonymous

I used the d-line trunking both ontop of the skirting and up the corners of the wall for the rear speakers. sticks really well and can be over painted with any water based paint. I picked mines up from B&Q, but ebay cheaper if you want to wait for delivery.

A

Anonymous

I personally like to channel the Walls (insert some form of trunking) and then plaster over when finished.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:I personally like to channel the Walls (insert some form of trunking) and then plaster over when finished.

+1 But then I am a decorator
emotion-2.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hilly10:
markjaspi:I personally like to channel the Walls (insert some form of trunking) and then plaster over when finished.

+1 But then I am a decorator
emotion-2.gif

That's how I have it at the moment but the speakers are to be moved. Eventually, when the room is decorated later in the year (hopefully), I will get them channelled in. So this is a temporary job.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I've got painted wall paper with a slight patten on it, I used some plaster repair tape it is very fine and adhesive and made out of fabric so can be painted over and when you rub it into the wall paper you can also make out the patten. I used this as a temp fix.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
When I ran some speaker cable up the corners of the room in my old flat, I used masking tape and then painted over it. Virtually invisible with thin gauge cable.

A

Anonymous

I ran all mine behind the gripper then up the front of skirting fixing with cable clips.I then drilled a hole through the plasterboard feeding the cable to where the desired speaker location is, drill a further hole to exit the cable from behind the plasterboard and attach to speaker.

This is a time consuming method but hides all those ugly cables. If you want further details give me a shout
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
johnnymunro:
I ran all mine behind the gripper then up the front of skirting fixing with cable clips.I then drilled a hole through the plasterboard feeding the cable to where the desired speaker location is, drill a further hole to exit the cable from behind the plasterboard and attach to speaker.

This is a time consuming method but hides all those ugly cables. If you want further details give me a shout
emotion-1.gif

Cheers Johnny. As this will be a temporary fix, I think I will just run the cable up the adjoining walls.

A

Anonymous

No worries!

I would just use staples then as per previous thread

Good luck

Gerrardasnails:I'm changing the location of my rear speakers. So this means running the cable (probably QED micro) along the skirting board and then up the corner of adjoining walls. What is the best way of doing this? Glue?

Why don't you just run the cables under the carpet (avoiding the grippers of course)?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Gerrardasnails:I'm changing the location of my rear speakers. So this means running the cable (probably QED micro) along the skirting board and then up the corner of adjoining walls. What is the best way of doing this? Glue?

Why don't you just run the cables under the carpet (avoiding the grippers of course)?

The carpet run is not a problem as it's hidden by furniture. It's when the speaker cable gets to the rear/side wall and has to go about five feet up to where my new Apex speakers will be mounted via bracket.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:plastic penguin:

The carpet run is not a problem as it's hidden by furniture. It's when the speaker cable gets to the rear/side wall and has to go about five feet up to where my new Apex speakers will be mounted via bracket.BLOCKED SCRIPT; Take a look at this, its on Ebay with free del.or google lcd tv cable corner cover cable tidy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts