Wireless without a network?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to play music from my computer upstairs through an amp in the lounge but I don't have a wirless network. I have MS MS25i floor standers and need to buy an amp and the wireless device towards the budget end of the spectrum. The amp I am considering is the Cambridge Audio Azur 340SE and I've seen the Logitech DJ but don't know if it's any good. Anyone got any suggestions/ alternatives?

Cheers

Rob W

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rob,

Very simple really, a BardUSB from Sonneteer will do the trick for you. You plug a USB dongle type transmitter into you computer, use an software you like, and plug a line level receiver into your amp.

Of course you can also combine the amp and receiver in one and have a Bard Amplifier receiving. This is also a more cost effective solution that still sounds good.

Its the only straight forward way I know of doing this.

Haider.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this, I notice on the specs page it mentions line of sight. Would this work in my house as the computer is upstairs less than 10 meters away but several walls would be in the way? Also how much will this kit cost?

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi again,

For the basic system one of our dealers should be selling it to you for around £240. This gives you a USB transmitter and a pod to plug into your amplifier just like pluging in a CD player or tuner etc.

10m is about similar to what I do at home and I dont have any trouble at all from an upstairs room to the living room.

If you want the amplifier version with the USB transmitter then this is normally about £550 in the shops.

Any probs, feel free to get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.

Haider.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have networked the house using Netgear Powerline HD Ethernet Adaptors and Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switches. My media server (Buffalo Terastation) sits on the network and is accessible by the PS3, wireless laptop (via BT Homehub), wired desktop PC and (soon) Onkyo 905. The 905 appears to be the only amp that I can find that will read from a server. The others that I have looked at (latest yamaha and denon) only seem to be able to read from a Windows Connect enabled PC.

Always open to correction though.

BreatheEasy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
The Powerline is a good option if you want to transmit your files downstairs - they are literally plug and play - one into the ethernet port of the PC (and into the pwer socket...) and the other in a plug beside your hifi - then you'll just need some little media player (squeezebox et al) to feed it through the amp.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="NigelF"]

Holysh...! Andrew you wish to spend 2K on an coffee machine ! well said the wise there is no end to human desire.

[/quote]

No, but the ploy worked - a nice Jura Impressa C5 seems to be on the way to my festive stocking, courtesy of Mrs E's end of year bonus.

Ask too big, and you'll probably get what you actually want...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts