Wireless Surround Sound System

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

i currently have a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 setup as per the one below

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/speaker-packages/monitor-audio-bronze-2-5-1-walnut.html

My wife is having a pop at me now as there are wires everywhere and wants me to look at a wireless solution

She suggested a Sonos set up

I was considering the following set up:

2 X Sonos One

Sonos Play Bar

Sonos Sub

The thing that concerns me is that the sound quality wont be as good as existing set up.

Has anyone experience of comparing traditional 5.1 wired packages with the newer Sonos type ones

I think I would rather stick to what i've got already

Thoughts anyone?

Regards

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Before going wireless, have you considered using flat ribbon type speaker cables you can run under the carpet? (Apologies if you have a wooden floor, I wouldn't know).

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

Not considered flat cables. That would mean lifting up the carpets and relaying all the cables that I managed to hide against the edge of the carpet

Im either staying with current set up or doing the full sonos!

Cheers

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Fairy Nuff.

I presume the Sonos units you're talking about are battery powered, otherwise you're just going to replace speaker cables with mains cables.

I'd considered wireless speakers for the rear surrounds in our living room, but I figured I'd either spend every evening replacing flat batteries (or batteries the "little cherubs" had nicked), or that I'd have mains cables running up the walls or across the floor anyway.

As it is, I've got the ceiling pre-wired for up to four in-ceiling speakers, each about six feet in from the corners of the ceiling. Since the TV sits in a corner of the room, I figure if / when I'm allowed to put speakers and surround sound in, I'd use the two in-ceilings on the diagonal corners not occupied by the TV for the side or Atmos speakers, leave the one in the corner over the TV disconnected, and use the one on the corner diagonally opposite the TV and behind the couch for a single mono rear surround - I can extend the wire through the ceiling and down into the corner of the wall if I have to. I can't use ear-level side speakers in the living room because one wall is all-window and the other doesn't exist - open plan to the kitchen - and Her Majesty wouldn't allow me to put speakers on stands anyway.

It depends on your classification of “wireless” - are you talking abut wireless speakers that you’ll be individually plugging into the mains, or completely wireless, as in running off batteries?

If the former, you could look at the Electrocompaniet EC Living range, which only need to be plugged into the mains. Might work out a little more, but they’re better quality speakers.

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/electrocompaniet-ec-living-tana-sl1

jjbomber

davidf said:
It depends on your classification of “wireless” - are you talking abut wireless speakers that you’ll be individually plugging into the mains, or completely wireless, as in running off batteries?

If the former, you could look at the Electrocompaniet EC Living range, which only need to be plugged into the mains. Might work out a little more, but they’re better quality speakers.

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/electrocompaniet-ec-living-tana-sl1

Is it the same with the Denon HEOS system? Wireless but 6? mains cables to the speakers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts